Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Blues

I don't have them, but I am sure a lot of folks do.   And I don't think Wally does because I have managed to spruce up his little apartment with lights, a tiny tree that was given to him by a friend of mine, and let me tell you about that...  I brought over this tiny little artificial tree, where you just bend the branches out, and with a box of ornaments and a string of lights and garland, told him it was up to him now to decorate it.  I left and came back a few days later, and lo and  behold, that tree was decorated, and he was SO PROUD, he was beeming when I commented to him how great of a job he did.  I don't think he has had a tree in recent memory, for sure.  So thank you Sharon and Jess for that donation.  On to the kitties, Buster snuck out yesterday afternoon, I was quite upset and told Wally he'd better get him back in there.  He said 'he just wanted fresh air' and I scolded him telling him about the dangers out there, and that I'd better not see Buster out at 5:15 am. when I go feeding at that spot in the morning.  I didn't see Buster, so good chance he went back inside, he better have.  Speaking of that street, I now have the same dilemma at my first stop before Wally's, the same dilemma I had at the corner past Wally's, that I solved a bit by placing a shelter on the house next to Wallys.  There are five sweet cats that wait for me each morning, one pure black, one pure white, and the others are mixes.  I must find some shelter for their food.  I am thinking of going to a house near there that looks friendly and ask them if I can place a board or someting on the side of their house.  I must find shelter for food for these cats.  Or rescue them, which is most likely not going to happen due to people not wanting a cat or two.

One more mention about Wally, thanks to the kindness of two men, Carl and John, Wally now has two winter coats.  And thanks to my friend Diane, Wally now has gloves and a scarf.  Now, maybe its time I ask Wally to take in another cat!  What do you think...  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment