Friday, April 1, 2011

Utter Failure


This is the way I felt this morning. Well, maybe I shouldn't use 'utter', but failure for sure this morning. I have failed in love, friendships, finance, but I am not a failure as a whole. But I do feel failure at its best when I have hold of a cat that I am trying to rescue, and it gets away. This has really only happened once before for me, with Red. I have 'trapped' many times, but I with Red, and the cat this morning, I would just use a carrier, because up until the point, the cat trusted me. I tried to 'grab' the very sick pretty long haired white and grey spotted kitty while I got him to the point of coming close to the food I set down, and I had her half in the cage and she started to majorly struggle. As I was holding her, her belly felt round. The point is that once you scare a cat like this, they don't forget. Red it now half feral, and this poor cat... I don't know, I just felt so bad this morning. She was sneezing as I left. She didn't run far, but she ran under the porch, visibly shaken. I won't give up. The following is some information sent by a friend that some of you might want to read about, and pursue if you have the determination to really help animals (dogs in this case) in some slight way.

Janine - Have you heard the story of Patrick, the pitbull puppy that was starved and thrown 22 stories down a garbage shute in New Jersey. There's a grass root movement to change animal abuse laws. If you do a search under Patrick's Law you'll find it. I thought you might want to let your readers know about it. This may be the catalyst that will finally bring about meaningful changes to our current laws. Thanks. Kim

I end this with an inspiration quote: I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love. ~Mother Teresa

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment