Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring has Sprung

I think it has sprung here in Rochester. Going to be a decent weekend, minus a bit of rain. I am trying to get myself prepared for a work trip this week, which will keep me out of action in the morning, but a very dear person is going to fill in. This is the best thing I could ever hope for, and have dreamed about for years. Heather has been diligent in learning what I do, just out of the goodness of her heart. She is also fearless, like I am. Except for oppossums. Heather saw a dead one this morning near one of the spots, and she almost screamed. She has a very strange fear of them. Not strange, but ... it was uncharacteristic of her from what I've learned about her in a short period of time. No problem. I picked him up by the tail and moved him out of our way. Poor thing. Ugly little bugger though. We did trap a cat this morning, actually two, but the first had been TNR'd by me a year ago. So we let her out after seeing the clipped ear, and got another one. We will take her to a clinic tomorrow and then release her after the surgery. Hopefully we can do this almost each weekend, as there are so many unneutered cats out there. Wouldn't it be wonderful. We did see a very very pregnant cat from that same street, so maybe just maybe we can trap her tomorrow morning. Wish us luck. We will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment