Wednesday, April 6, 2011

If you Can't Feed a Hundred People, then Feed Just One.


No rain today, which was a good thing, although I did pick up a lot of wet towels that were 'hanging around' my spots that were the bottom layers of the cushions I try to make for these cats under the lean-to's I've made. I try to make these cats as comfortable as possible, and that means building layers of towels to make a nice, soft bed for them. Yesterday, I managed to give a cat named Button a pill for his suspected upper respiratory infection. Yes, that is how sweet he is, he let me hold him and shove the pill down his throat, and then rub his throat until he swallowed the pill. Can you believe that there are cats out there, that are fighting for their lives 24/7, but are that sweet and loving that I am able to do something like that. But there are, and every day they are facing the worst of dangers. My last spot today I saw a cat, and that reminds me, I must bring my camera to take some pictures, but his neck is totally gouged. The wound is huge. But the bright side is that at another location, last summer, if you remember, there was a cat I named Curly because of his tail, and he had a major wound, just like the one I saw today. I actually had him trapped and he got out the other end of the cage. I didn't see him much after that, and then not at all, and I thought the worst. Well, there he was in full glory this morning. I couldn't believe it. I am sure he is not the healthiest, but there was no wound on his neck. It must have healed. So there is hope. But please consider a rescue cat. There are so many. I have three especially that are wonderful to me each morning, and I need to find them homes. I will try to get pictures tomorrow. I've named the grey and black as Fred and Barney. And of course Button is more than ready to find a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment