Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mike The Model

This morning, I brought my trap along in hopes of taking the poor kitty with the severe injury on his neck at my last spot off the street. Unfortunately, he was no where in sight. Neither was the other pretty fluffy kitty that I saw there over the weekend and last week. She is the one suffering from a severe upper respiratory. I have not seen her all week, but I did see Red. I thought Red was a goner, but there he was this morning, trotting down the sidewalk after hearing my catcall. The last time I saw him he was hobbling, so I think he might be all right. I also managed to give Button another pill, after learning that I need to give him a pill for 10 days straight! This would be to clear up his upper respiratory infection. They all have it to some varying degree after this very harsh winter. Button is a real trooper. I wish I had scooped Button up when I had homes waiting, but glad I got the others off the street too, especially the pregnant kitties. Button is going to make someone a very nice companion, if they will give him a chance. He let me hold him, shove the pill in his mouth, gently rub his neck in order for him to swallow the pill, and didn't bolt when I let him go. This is the sign of a really nice kitty. No hissing, fighting, fear. Prior to getting out of the car, I saw Mike the Model heading toward my car. Mike is a drug addict, and a male prostitute that hangs in that hood. We have had a few conversations. He is harmless. But I am always cautious no matter what. Mike would have made a good model if he wasn't so down and out. Yesterday I was driving down a street around there, and a woman practically jumped out at me, and I opened my window to give her a stern lecture, telling her she scared me and that she shouldn't be doing that. She said "I thought you was my friend" - I told her I was her friend, but I was also feeding the kitties and she has to be more careful! She said, as a lot of the women there say, God Bless You! Most do have good hearts, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment