Monday, April 18, 2011

Back to Work!



Yes, back from Boston, and back to work. It was a long week last week being away from my babies out there... but thanks to sweet Heather, my very brave and courageous friend who took over my feeding route. There are not too many people in the WORLD who are brave enough to do this. Especially AFTER going on my route to see what I do and see where I feed. It was rough weatherwise here too, so again, I commend Heather, because I am sure she had to gather a lot of wet towels and lay a lot down to make these cats as comfortable as possible under their meagher shelters. I had my own emergency at home on Saturday morning. My Trouble, a kitty that was left by its owners in my own neighborhood about eight years ago, and pregnant to boot, is diabetic! I give her an insulin shot every morning, and have done so for the past three or so years. Well that morning she was acting odd, and walked slowly into a wall. I called my vet, who thank God was open until noon on Saturdays, and got her in right away. Her sugar level was 16. Normal levels are in the low 100s. On first diagnosis, her level was in the 300's so you give her insulin to bring it down. Hers on Saturday was 16. She almost died. After many spoonfulls of Karo syrup, and a shot and a few pills of steroids, she is back to normal today. My poor little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Poor TROUBLE!!! I was wondering what happened to you Saturday, when I didn't see you at Petco. Hope she's feeling better! TTYS! XOXO Heather

    ReplyDelete