Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head

If anyone was awake at 2 am. this morning, you would have heard the monsoon that passed us very very very slowly. We had torrential downpours that must have lasted literally hours, along with loud booms and major lightening. I normally LOVE storms. But doing what I've been doing for these past 15 or so years, feeding and trying to shelter cats, I hate them. I feel so bad for these animals out in this type of weather. Its scary enough for the cats inside my home, let alone the ones that have no home. Luckily, by the time I left my house at 5:30 am., the rain had subsided. My prayers were answered. I got to my first spot and it was drenched, along with all the others. At my third spot, where Fred, Barney and Poppi hang in the basement of the abandoned house, someone had come along and taken the lean-to boards that provided shelter against the house. I was so upset. Everything was soaked, and the boards were no where to be found. I must find replacements. They were good solid sturdy boards that were just the right size. The only good thing that came out of that was that I rescued Fred. Fred is the black kitty that has a severe wound on his head. There is a woman on my e-mail list that I've never met, but she recently reached out to me and offered to take one of my babies out on the street in. I immediately thought of Fred, but hesitated because there was the neck injury kitty I was trying to rescue, and the pregnant kitty on 2nd street I wanted to rescue. But I do not not see either regularly, and they are too elusive to trap. Anyways, this angel told me to call Habitat for Cats to get him into their clinic and she could take him this weekend. I did, they had an opening, and he is there now for fixing. I pray this all turns out well, because I still have Buttons to deal with at my sister's house - I need to get him adopted out. I do not like, nor it is fair, to have more than one rescue cat to be responsible for, especially with my upcoming trip next week. So, I thank my sister, and this new angel in my life, for taking the responsibility for caring for these cats for me until we can get them adopted. Such is life. There's always something...

1 comment:

  1. Bless you for all you do. I am a huge cat lover...breaks my heart to see them homeless & neglected. You are an angel. So glad I have found your blog

    ReplyDelete