Monday, April 11, 2011

What's New, Pussycat?


It was a very emotional weekend. I posted on Saturday, so this is a follow up to that. I was lucky enough to be offered two spots at a Sunday clinic to Trap Neuter and Return. Heather and I trapped Saturday morning, got one semi-feral cat, and I got one on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, after some mad scrambling moving from spot to spot and a lot of time waiting, I got Buttons in my trap. Now, we trapped at Button's location yesterday, and the first victim was actually a cat that I TNR'd last year, so fortunately her ear was tipped and we were able to let her out. I was not sure that I had buttons, because remember, I am there when it is very dark out and I had never really seen Buttons in broad daylight, so I wasn't 100% sure it was him. Nevertheless, I brought him to the clinic with every intention of letting him back to the street in the late afternoon, along with the first kitty that Heather had helped me with. Later after I had arrived home from dropping off the kitties, I got a call telling me that the kitty Heather trapped was too sick to be neutered, and I had to make a very tough decision, one that was not though of lightly. He will be euthanized sometime this morning. Poor thing was just very sick and we don't have enough poeple who are able to step in and care for this sick animal. If we only had a sanctuary. Buttons, on the other hand - is a lucky kitty. After telling my sister about the whole situation (most of you should know that Buttons has been the cat that is highly adoptable - I've even been able to pill her every morning for her upper respiratory ailment - I've wanted to find her a home for a long time now), and her knowing that I am travelling for work this week and the end of the month, she offered to keep Buttons for me while I travel this month, and I will bring Buttons to Petco (thank you AnotherChancePetRescue!) each Saturday in hopes of adoption. I am thankful for this because knowing it was Buttons, I would have a hard time putting him back out in to the street. It was a crazy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. am sorry. know it's very hard for you to do that. But thank goodness for Heather!!

    Alan

    ReplyDelete