Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What a mess it is out there!



With the days getting longer, and it getting lighter out earlier, you can see so much trash in these neighborhoods I go into. These people live like they just don't care. I am sure some folks do, and I am sure they do try to clean up their own space, but there is just such a proliferation of debris that the wind will pick up everything around them and blow it back into their yard. I seriously wish, and would love a few volunteers to help, to get out there in the morning with a trash bag and some gloves and at least clean up the houses and/or property I feed at. I want them to know that I do care about my trash, and clean up after myself. Sometimes the wind will whip my paper bowls and plates around and they go into peoples yards and bushes, and I don't' want any more negativity to come from what I do. I remember one day driving to work and I noticed a guy walking in front of the hospital, eating something out of the white paper bag. I then saw him take what must have been his last bite of whatever it was he was eating out of the bag, and I saw him look at the bag, and then toss it on the ground. He didn't even crumple it up. He made a conscious decision to turn that bag into litter. Its a part of what is destroying this earth, and its part of what is destroying the consciousness of our youth. Its a tragedy, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment