Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Introducing --- BARNEY!



Isn't he a BEAUUUUTY! And a personality to match. Its amazing how you can take an animal off the street, that has been living amongst filth, disease, crime, danger, and it turns out to a very gentle and sweet animal once you show it some love and caring. Barney has been through the ringer. He has open wounds behind his ears due to a mite problem, and his ear tips are frostbitten, so they are a bit torn looking, his pads and 'arms' have lost its fur around it due to living in an open, probably rat infested basement of an abandoned house. Barney has barely any teeth left, his molars gone, his back teeth worn down or missing. He has a scar above his lip. But is he the SWEETest, and prettiest little guy I've rescued since Smokey #2, who I kept. Smokey was abandoned in the fall two years ago on Hebard Street by a woman, because he was spraying, because he was not neutered. After a very harsh fall, and a very cold winter, I managed to save him before he turned semi-feral, and before he had any more fights to survive. Smokey now loves me like no other. Except Boris and Cinnamon! :) If any one knows my brood at home, they know what I mean... But I can see that Barney is going to make a very good companion for someone someday. He is healing as we speak. I am so thankful to be able to care for him before I go away. Thank you Heather for taking over from here on Thursday!




2 comments:

  1. Luuke-the force is strong in you....

    He's definitly yours.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete