Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pawk Ya Caw

Yes, still in Boston, thats 'park your car' in Bostonian. Its been adventurous to say the least. I walked a million miles yesterday, blisters on my little piggies, soaked them and lotioned them up last night in my hotel (TMI?), and they feel much better today. I walked here to class, the sun is out and it will be around 60 today. I feel invigorated compared to yesterday. It was miserable and rainy. Despite being exhausted from the day, and after hailing a cab from class back to the hotel, I walked, in the rain, to an Italian restaurant in the North End called Massimino's. The food was divine. Those Italians can cook. After a few glasses of cabernet, I headed back home where I bought my dessert, a Ben and Jerry's HALF BAKED icecream bar from the corner store, and headed to my room, where I had a rather restless sleep. Nevertheless, for some reason, I feel refreshed just being in new surroundings. Its a big city, Boston is. Lots of money here, and LOTS of restaurants and pubs!!! Love it. I spoke to Heather yesterday about her route in the morning she has been doing for me, and I swear, despite probably being drenched after getting home, she still remains upbeat and positive. I just love that girl. She said she didn't see many kitties out due to the rain, but she did see Fred who has the head injury. She did not see the baby at the last spot with the gouged out neck. Anyways, I must go, but I hope someone is reading this as I stated earlier this week I was going to miss writing on it, but I can't help myself! Have a great day Rochester!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Janine!!! I did see the grey baby at the last stop this morning. HIs wound is looking much better. I also saw a new white and black kitty at the spot we found the 'possum(YUK) .... I changed all of the towels since yesterday left them pretty soggy. I also saw a couple of new PREGNANT ones...... We will have to try and trap them soon. Relax tonight, the babies here are fine!! Talk to you tomorrow...xoxo heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, you are a blessing! Thank you for what you have done for me!!! One more day for you! YAY! I guess I am coming back to sadness due to all the pregnant and injured cats on my route. BOO. XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, which possum? Haven't we seen two now together? hahahhaha...

    Poor Possoms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house that's getting rehabbed. Isn't it sad I couldn't tell you what the adresses of the places are.....I only know them by the route.....hahaha YEP I'M A BLONDE! No sadness we will do what we can and what's best for the kitties. See you tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love u auntie and you should be enjoying yourself by i have been checking the blog everyday just in case you were to write something. love u have a safe trip home your kiki's (cat) need you as ava calls them!!

    ReplyDelete