Thursday, September 2, 2010

Prisoner of Love



Here is a picture of a little peanut I trapped this morning, who I transferred from trap to carrier easily enough but when I went to put water in for him/her, it escaped and is running around on my porch. Its not the tiny little kitten where its teeth sinking into you would feel like a bee sting, its a little bigger than that so I am a bit nervous. I've been bitten before, and it was NOT fun. I had to come to work regardless, so I am hoping Gina, who promised to take the kitty, will have better luck than me when she comes this morning to get it. I am so so happy to get this one off of Hebard Street. All that is left now is Mama cat. I will have to get her out of there, but she is very leery of traps. I also successfully trapped a kitty I now call Sophie yesterday, who went to the clinic via a Habitat for Cats appointment, and turns out she was a lactating female, who I believe is the mother of four kittens from Second Street, two of which I brought to the shelter last week. I feel good about that at least she is now neutered and cannot have any more kittens. I went to see if I could spot Stripes on Harper Street, and no luck. I am extremely upset about this one. I did place an ad in the D & C and am hoping to have some 'bites'. UPDATE: Kitty is in the carrier! YAY! Thanks Kings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment