Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mama Kitty

The cat on Hebard Street is extremely smart. She just won't fall for the trap. I didn't feed her yesterday, in hopes that she would be hungry enough to go into the trap I set this morning, but nope, she just watches from across the street. Although I didn't give it a lot of time this morning, I had to be at work at 7 am. That wasn't the plan, but what are you going to do when your boss asks you to be early to help out! So I gave kitty about 10 minutes, and had to leave. I did leave the little salmon that was in the trap, but as I started to drive away, I noticed a black cat come from under the garage and start eating it, so I had to get out and leave some dry food for Mama because she was starving. I didn't want to leave any more than the little bit of salmon in hopes that she would be now extremely hungry tomorrow morning when I had a little more time to wait for her to go into the trap. Nuts! But now I am wondering where that black cat came from, and is it related to Spooky, who I just rescued last week and am desperately looking for a home for. This is day one that I did not go to Harper Street off Goodman to call for Stripes. I got a call from a woman anonymously yesterday that Greece Animal Control picked up a cat that she thought matched the description of the ad I put in the paper for him. Its a bit far away, but you never know, so I am waiting for a call back from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment