Monday, September 27, 2010

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

The kitty on the roof that was trapped late last week at the vacant house on Niagara Street due to the city boarding it up, and not checking to see if there were cats in there, is now now safe, due to Gina poking another hole through the board. Thank you so much Gina. I hadn't seen the kitty Saturday morning so thought it was safely down after jumping. She apparently still saw it up there on Sunday, and pounded through the wood that afternoon. I am so appreciative of Gina in my life. She understands me! Otherwise, still contemplating how I am going to shelter some of these spots I have for these poor animals. I've GOT to get a home for little boy Blackie - he is too sweet to leave out there! On a side note, my niece stayed overnight on Saturday because she loves kitties and rescue as much as I do, and as we were out on Sunday morning very early! (thank you Brenna!), some drove past, backed up, shined their lights on me, and asked what I was doing. I told them, one said he recognized me from Niagara Street. That was funny. And good, usually they drive past without stopping, as if they know me. But I am glad they were aware this time, and bothered to ask what I was up to. GOOD! A little police presence never hurts. I wish I had told them that but they drove away too fast. Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment