Monday, September 6, 2010

I ponder many things

I have come to realize, and it hits me every now and then, that all animal rescuers are not on the same page as I am. I keep a lot to myself sometimes as I don't want people to think I am crazy, or off my rocker. And sometimes I wonder if I am. Other times, I think I am the most normal, compassionate person I know! A bit neurotic at times, but just the same! I am the type of person who when turning right, I move to the farthest I can to the right before I take it so the person behind me can move along without too much delay. Others don't do this. And how I like my bags to be stuffed at Wegmans, very heavy and loaded. No more than three bags! I challenge each checkout person to load everything into three bags!! OK, I am going off on a tangent. What I am trying to say is that there is a girl out there who has pretty much told me to stay away from an area where I had been feeding and sheltering kittens and cats for almost two years now. I was told by the building's superintendent that I had to get the shelter out. I was told by the director of the company that is housed there that she and the neighbor company's owner that they would take care of the cats. These cats are starving. I have seen no sign that they are being fed. I have not gone there in a week now praying that I am wrong. That somehow they are feeding them. I was told by this girl that belongs to a rescue group, she apparently has been in contact with these business people, that all was well. I then asked her if I could speak to her, to find out how she knew this information first hand, and she never wrote back. Is it politics? What is it? Why wouldn't she call me? Wouldn't she want to confirm that all was OK with the cats, firsthand? So more restless nights over this one. I have come to know these cats, and they me. I have sheltered them with a large igloo and handmade 'house' for almost two winters now. Now they have nothing. I would like to know how they are helping them. And secondly, whats with the building superintendent? These shelters were no where in view. How come some people want animals to suffer for no reason? Or maybe not want, but don't think about that animal and how it will suffer if you remove the small safety they have in their life. I just don't get it. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment