Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another Prisoner of Love

Wet morning out there! I hate the rain just for the reason it causes miserableness for the cats. Or, can cats even feel miserable? I trapped another cat this morning. This one will go to the shelter. Its one of the kittens that the mother kitty had on Second Street. It’s the second of three she had that I have trapped. Its very quiet and scared right now on my porch. I have an appointment with Habitat for Cats for tomorrow, one of the precious few I get – its down to once a month now – and I am not sure which one I will trap, which spot I go to. Remember, each spot has over 3 cats, most have at least 8. I feed between 30-40 cats a day. Once a month for trap, neuter, return is just not enough. They reproduce too quickly. I must get as many off the street as I can now. There are just too many. Haven’t even seen the cat that was ready to burst two weeks ago. No sign of her or kittens anywhere. I struggle with this morally, removing cats from the street. I wonder if its better that they suffer out there – or go to a shelter where they most likely will be put to sleep. This kitten I have, about 4-5 months old, is close to being feral. The only thing that keeps it from being totally feral is that it shows itself when I pull up to feed. I wish I had a better solution.

1 comment:

  1. Janine, do you take contributions? It has to be very expensive. I can't give much but I'd like to contribute.

    ReplyDelete