Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Habitat for Cats

Two things on my mind this morning. I successfully trapped a kitty on Second Street as I had an open appointment for a TNR - trap-neuter-return - and there were at least seven cats hovering over the sweet smell of salmon inside the cage - first one of the remaining two kittens went in and successfully grabbed its share without setting it off, and finally an adult. I've named him/her Sophie, but don't know the sex yet. Its off to the clinic for its surgery, and then will be released back on the street this afternoon. I pray for its health - I feel its too soon to release them the same day, but what am I going to do... Finally, Stripes is still missing. I am going to call the D & C and pay for a posting in the paper. I went over there again this morning calling out for him, and also spoke to two people I encountered as I was driving off, to notify them in case they happened to see him. I am absolutely sick over this. I rescued that cat from a bad environment, found him a temporary home with this girl, and then he escaped out her window. Its a very terrible thing for this cat. I pray she spends the time looking for him, and putting fliers out, which I did not see, in her neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment