Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blackie

This morning I had every intention of trapping Blackie, the Blackie from Hayward Avenue. Blackie is a very sick kitty. He is the one I wrote about early on where I thought someone had shaved his skin on the side of his body, there was a large tuft of fur hanging from him. I think it was just the beginning of a bad illness. He has regrown the fur, but when he shakes his head, which is often, you can hear liquid. He also is very aggressive. I have to shoo him off when I pour the food down into the bowl. He will bite me otherwise. Well, I trapped him. He is not a happy camper, and I am not happy about it, but it just had to be done. I’ve wanted to get him off the street for a long time now. He is very sick, and definitely not adoptable. He is a biter big time. Has nipped at me several times. He will be going to the shelter this morning. God be with him! On another note, as I was driving down 2nd Street, a pretty young black girl up ahead threw her stryofoam cup into the street. I pulled over and she started to walk to the car and open the passenger door, as if we were best friends or something! I motioned for her that I just wanted to talk to her so she came to my side, and I told her I was feeding cats. She just kept smiling, and I boldly asked her, and I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I said don’t you care about your neighborhood, you just threw that cup down? She answered something and started to walk away and I said you are mean and she kept walking and as she walked by the cats where I feed, she lunged at them and said “these ugly ass cats – I don’t care about them….” And then she said “I’d be nicer if I drove a car like yours.”
Yep, here comes another generation of women who just don’t care. On a positive note, the Puerto Rican dude that lives across from where I feed on that street came over to ask me if I knew of a place that watches cats, he was going to Puerto Rico for a week in about a month and wanted his inside cat cared for. That’s great. A responsible man. I am going to get him the number for the bed and breakfast for kitties that Cheryl Corsi runs. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment