Monday, September 20, 2010

Busy Monday!

Nothing really new with the cats this morning. Paul B. called me, by mistake on Friday, and said he would allow me to put a shelter behind his house on Second Street. That was very kind of him. I hope the cats take to it, although there still won't be enough room for them because of the amount of cats homeless on that street, and their personalities that clash. Pregnant Mama on Central hasn't been seen for many days now, am sure she has had her litter somewhere. The most memorable part of my weekend was running into Kenny G., the dude who followed me on his bike to the public market one saturday morning for some cash. He's a nice fellow, down on his luck, but very respectful to me, and kind. Kings and I were out doing our thing and there he was, as I was on the phone calling 911 because I was listening to the worst dog sounds... I thought there was a dog fight going on. There wasn't, turns out someone was walking their dog through another person's yard with dogs. Loud it was! Anyways, we wound up taking Kenny to our house, giving him a new pair of socks, and feeding him breakfast. Afterwards, we even let him sleep for a few hours in our spare bedroom. He was hungry, and told us that his son was killed by gunshots last weekend - he was 20 and attending MCC. Not sure of the circumstances, but he was devastated, and we offered to give him a ride to Unity Hospital to visit his dad, and we just wound up caring for him for a few hours instead! I looked at Kings and one point later on and said, are we insane to do this?, and he said 'what would Jesus do' - that put it all in perspective. I should have been a social worker! PS, Kenny was very very grateful for what we did, he didn't stop telling us how kind we are. And he never asked for a dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment