Friday, September 24, 2010

Crazy Morning!

Yes, it was insane out there this morning. Had to switch up my route as it started in the dark and there were some characters at some of my spots that I go to first because its a bit safer when its darker out. But I had to reroute my rounds a bit so I wasn’t off to a good start. I managed to get to all my spots, some of them troubled me. On Hebard, Mama cat that is very hard to trap, wasn’t around. I had a woman stop in a truck to tell me that I am feeding the skunks. I told her of my plight with Mama cat. She was nice enough. At least she didn’t scream at me. Then I went to Niagara Street, where they boarded up the house. There is now a cat on the roof again, must not know how to get out, which I guess would be to jump. These city people – they just don’t realize there are live animals in some of these places. Will look for kitty tomorrow to see if he figured it out. It’s a long way up, but he will survive if he jumps. Sad really. Then was going to trap a cat in a little park off Pennsylvania Avenue, the only one I feed, and bring to shelter, but there was a guy with his two pits playing there, so kitty was no where in sight. Left food anyway, and drove off. Then to Hayward where there is a cat that has had half its neck ripped to shreds by a raccoon. I am convinced of that, they are vicious. As I set the trap for that one, and went to the car to wait, I saw a fat little raccoon come meandering around sniffing the bag I left on the sidewalk next to the trap. I began to chase it away and as I watched it run up the tree I saw its partner in crime waiting for him. Monsters. I know they are animals too, but as I drove away after closing up the trap, knowing I wouldn’t get my guy because he already had entered the cage, took a bite and backed out as if he was very familiar with a trap, I thought about how they would go without eating as I knew these two bandits would be down from that tree in a lickety split as soon as I was gone! Arggh!

No comments:

Post a Comment