Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Gimme Shelter!



Out the door at 3:35 a.m., rain, sleet, or a mixture of it.  Thanks to Joel, I had help again today.  Such a relief to have help.  It takes a strong person to get up out of their warm bed in the early morning hours of the day, drive to my house, and then get in another persons truck to stop at least 20 times and be told to 'do this and do that'.  He is a powerhouse when it comes to the shoveling.  He was able to move mounds that the snow plow had made on the side of the road, all the way to the sidewalk, so that we didn't have to look around for an opening half a mile away from the shelter to start our trek back to the shelter where the cats were waiting for their breakfast.

Some cats that are always there when I pull up were not there.  In fact, the majority of them haven't been seen since Saturday when the storm hit. I don't know where they go.  I pray they are safe and well fed.  Winter is hard on the cats - their little legs getting through the snow, and their bare feet.  But they manage, especially if they have shelter.  That is why its so vital for EVERYONE to place a large shelter on their property and keep it clear for these strays.  Its their only survival.  If you need a shelter, or need to know how to make one, I am here, just ask!


The red cat that is on the cover of my blog was there this morning, and he was soaking wet.  WHY?  Why isn't he going to the back of the lot through the path we created?  Where there is food, and warmth.  It reminds me of when Elsa was rescued.  Her long fur was covered in icicles.  Why?  We need more shelters around the city!  Elsa was rescued where I had shelter recently that was removed.  There were four beautiful huts underneath a tarp to keep cats safe and warm, and they were removed, permanently gone.  I was told it was most likely Spectrum, or some large company that owns that lot where the tower is on Garson.  Boy would I give them a piece of my mind if I ever saw them again.


ELSA ICE COVERED

ELSA TODAY
I ran out of towels today.  Most were in the washing machine from the day before. I wound up getting my good ones to bring along.  I place them on the ground at some stops,  because under the trees where some are fed have two feet of snow.  So I let them stand in comfort for a bit  on the snowy icy sidewalk while they eat and drink.  And then some shelters - the floor boards are lined with a thick towel as well.  Those get wet occasionally so I replace them.   ITS ALL ABOUT COMFORT for these cats!  :)  They have nothing else!   I have had towels donated over the years but sometimes there were too many - and well intentioned people donate large blankets and stuff that I really can't use, so I have donated to clinics and shelters, but now I need them again.  Bath towels, thick. 

Little Newton, who was sick and cost me another $140 for a doctor visit is doing much better and will go back to his new home to join his sister Reese.  Cute little thing, really.

Holly, Katie, Miley, Charlotte, Cyndy Lou, Limpy, Jule, Parsley and Hermie all still need homes.  Lets get them out there!  You can see them on

https://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/95572-janinethebean-rescue-inc-rochester-new-york

and my website:

http://www.janinethebeanrescue.org/adoptable-cats/

Spread the word!

Have a great day!


RESCUER'S ARE ANGELS

Tail tucked between your legs,

Confusion in your eyes 
I know it's hard to understand
That someone heard your cries.

When loneliness is all you know
And pain is all you feel
And no one can be trusted
And hunger's all too real.

That's the time the Lord sees you
And lets you know He's there
That's when He sends His messengers
The hearts that love and care.

Yes, rescuers are angels
You cannot see their wings
They keep them neatly folded
As they do their caring things.

The medicine to make you well,
Good food to make you strong.
And finally to help you learn
That hugs are never wrong.

The perfect place then must be found
The home where you can live
Secure and safe and happy
With joy to get and give.

When you reach your Forever Home,
Your place to feel whole.
The angels smile and off they go
To save another sole.




2 comments:

  1. You are most welcome Janine !
    Its always great to get to meet some of the cats, and the friendly ones recognize me when I am there more than once or twice a year.
    Today I got to pet Ranger while he chowed down on wet food !

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is that what you and Joel and Kings and all your other helpers do is amazing. It is hard work. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete