Tuesday, January 29, 2019

GREY!




GREY from Central
FROM THIS:

TO THIS! 
RESCUED!!!  

Well, I did it again. I rescued this boy that has drifted from Short Street all summer, to Central Park this winter.  I found him on Short Street this morning and quickly grabbed him.  I was able to rescue him only because of one special lady.  She said, “I can take that gray and white cat through February. I'm currently checking with my cat sitter to see if she would mind caring for him, if he's still here in March when I go on vacation. I'm pretty sure she'll say yes. She's a mush. I will meet you tomorrow, at your house, if you get him. I will take him directly to my vet -- All Cats Care Center -- and have them do the work. I will pay for it. yes, I know it would be early. i will get my fat ass out of bed to meet you at whatever time you say. I just called my vet. If you catch, I will take directly to them. They will do the exam at 9:20 AM I will drop him off directly from your house, and go back for the vet check. Just heard from cat sitter. She's on board.

Now, this is what  am talking about.  The perfect offer.  This I can handle.  It’s the people, and I won’t mention names, that say, ‘I have 13 but even if I had 20 I would still pick him up and put him in my car.’  Well, it’s not that easy.  Actually, if you would like to come with me tomorrow and snatch the grey boy on Parsells, and Ranger on Central, then come get them, because they have been on my list to rescue for a long time now, and you will need to get them vetted and eventually adopted out.  Or are you going to make your home a 15 cat home.  Whatever.  If I could snatch every one of them I would.  But I am already overloaded with cats.  I am a one man band trying to get all these adult – plus two older kittens – adopted out.  Its really not easy.  Unless you are willing to foster for an undetermined amount of time until that cat gets adopted, then don’t say that.


Yes, its going to be very cold the next few days – way below zero temperatures.  But I have shelters that they will hover in and hopefully ride it out.  What can I do, scoop up the 100 cats that won’t get close to me?  Or the 20 or so semi-feral cats that do get close to me?  There are at least 20 still out there that love me.  But I promise, tomorrow morning, I will be bringing more shelters that my truck will fit to place at a few locations where there might not be enough shelter for all the kitties at a certain spot.  And I pray that the woman on Melville is caring for the cats that I entrusted her to care for.  I left her four shelters with straw, a board and a tarp.  Its hard to let go of cats that you cared for.  


NOEL a/k/a JOE Enjoying Lap Time w/Dad
To leave you on a good note, I got this picture of Noel, who is now named Joe.  He was the most scared of the three older kittens that were going to be TNR'd, but were saved in the nick of time before they were 'R'd' (returned) to the barn that they came from in Walworth.  We didn't think Noel would ever come around, but slowly, and surely, with time, and patience, he is.  Thanks Bob a/k/a Dad for giving JOE your heart!

I am still waiting for an update on Thumper.  Bunny is coming around.  She still finds a hiding spot occasionally, but I got the sweetest picture of her.  And the following update:  "Hi Janine! Sorry I haven't responded we have had a busy weekend😸 bunny is doing great! She ventures out into my bedroom now all the time now just exploring! I think she is very comfortable with me now but still will hide wherever she can. Kitty is still chasing her into her hidey hole where she can't reach her. I've tried sitting on the ground with kitty and playing with her waiting for bunny to come out from her hidey hole but she just doesn't 😞 when I hold bunny kitty is nice to her and sniffs her and plays but when I let bunny go she chases right after her."

BUNNY

Keep up the good work Taylor!

Petals, the white with orange kitty is off to the vet today, along with little Annie.  Prayers for them both!  They will hopefully go to foster after that.

MILEY


We found out that Miley is a Bombay cat.    Read about that here.  She is available for adoption!

https://cattime.com/cat-breeds/bombay-cats?fbclid=IwAR3jVoKwVOSyn-dnayORBNg_8wPraHBs1zJwoXZqEP3E9CJ_BiFL3bs5SYM#/slide/1

That's it.  There is so much more, but I need to get to work!  Tomorrow, updates on Limpy now named LARRY, Charlotte, Cyndy Loo (who is being fostered by Kristin and may have been adopted), Jule, Hermie, Parsley, KATIE, Sabrina, and Holly!

Have a great day!

"Water is the softest thing, yet it can penetrate mountains and earth.  This shows clearly the principle of softness overcoming hardness."

No comments:

Post a Comment