Wednesday, January 16, 2019

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS............ And Beyond! JANUARY 5th!! CAROL P.!!!!!

Carol!!!  Carol writes:  “This donation is from Parsley, Hermie, Connor, Katie, Jules and Buffy, and many more...  as a thank you for feeding them on the streets and taking them off the streets.  They now know full bellies, warm and dry beds, and the love of a human touch.  They know many more need to be fed and helped every day!”  OK, now I am crying Carol!  Thank you so much for ALL that you have done for them!  And for me….  Carol has always been a rock for cats in desperate need.   I will never be able to repay her for her kindness.  A thousand times over.


First Kiss & 3rd Rescue for 2019:  

So speaking to a friend last night on the phone, who offered to take the desperate hungry kitties that I am feeding in the median on Central Park every morning – namely Kristin – I left the house this morning at 3:40 with nervous anticipation of another rescue.  I finally got to this area (after having done the first half of my rounds which takes me 45 minutes) and as usual, I pulled over to the side of the median and kitty came a runnin'.  I got out of the car, grabbed the carrier in back, and went over to her.  I said ‘are  you going to let me pick you up?’, and so I lifted her, and then I said, ‘are you going to allow me to scruff and rescue you?’, and then I did.  No struggle.  No sign of the smaller little older black kitten that is usually there.  I will try for him tomorrow.  When I got her back to my house, in the bathroom, let her out, she was very nervous, but to calm her I took her in my lap while sitting on the tub, and spoke gently to her, all the while rubbing her head.  She started to calm.  I then gave her a kiss on top of her head.  Was it her first kiss ever?  I knew then she would make someone happy – someone would fall in love with her and adopt her.  

YESTERDAY

TODAY!!!

Don't mind my leg and thigh

WHISKERS! 

I want to reiterate why I rescued this one, and am hoping to get the next.  They do not have a shelter to go into for warmth (or they do a block up, or two blocks down - but either can't find it, or the resident cat of the shelter might be dominant and not let them in), or a meal that is left with them each day.  They are in danger with the weather prediction for this weekend.   I have several cats now - that are not babies - that need homes, so we must move them along to find good homes.  Who would want a kitten when they can have the love of a cat that knows you SAVED them and GAVE them a better life.  That look, there is nothing like it. 

So lets get Sabrina, Limpy, Miley, Parsley, Hermie, Thumper, Katie, Holly, and now this unnamed little girl adopted!

Have a great day!

"Without pain, how could we know joy?"


No comments:

Post a Comment