Monday, January 7, 2019

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS! DECEMBER 29TH - JENNIFER M.!!!

Thank you JENNIFER M.!  Jennifer writes:  "This donation is in honor of Sue, Kirt, Kyle & Jonathan Cherry from Bob & Jennie Montione.  Sue is our sister and we know how much your organization means to her."  And guess what!  Today is actually Sue's birthday!!!  Happy Birthday to a great foster mom.  Sue sure does LOVE her kittens!.  Jennifer, thank you for helping to feed many cats during this holiday season!

MISTER

LIMPY

I had the opportunity to TNR two cats through the clinic on this very cold morning.  And I caught two.  I actually scruffed one and placed into a carrier, and the other I trapped, but probably could have scruffed that one also.  The first was on Melville #1, and I am calling him Limpy.  He goes back and forth between Melville and Parsells.  Right behind the vacant house on Melville is the house on Parsells where the kind people have offered me their back yard to place shelters.  Limpy has been limping for many months now.  His back hind leg.  I am grateful I finally got him.  Hopefully its nothing too serious.  I will need to release him back to the streets tomorrow if I am able.  The second kitty was just up the street on Melville, and this one, named Mister, is a talker.  Never stopped meowing, which is a sign that the cat is NOT feral, and is friendly.  There have been several newer cats at this location, and they all need fixing.   The part I hate is having to return them because there aren't enough homes for the.  We need more fosters.

Chance Freshly Caught

CHANCE Before



CHANCE Today!

As you will recall, Saturday Sheryl and I rescued a cat a few months back and named him Chance.  Chance was emaciated, and looked like death.  Very severe deformity in his back end due to severe diarrhea and parasites.  He was one hurting little boy.  I was ready to take him to the ED and turn him over as a Good Samaritan, but Sheryl wanted to try her best to help him recover, from whatever was ailing him.  So, we made appointment for vet, they treated him as best as they could, and Sheryl took over feeding him little by little, having a friend stop over and feeding him when she had to go to work, and little by little, Chance took a turn for the better.  Sheryl’s words to me were “he is such a sweet and gentle boy.”  Well, yesterday, Chance was brought to a new family.  And what a wonderful family to be adopted by.  They have three rescued dogs and a fat cat named Teddy.   They saw Chance, who is between 2 and 5 years old, and fell in love.   I love these kind of people, the kind that adopt adult cats.  They are so deserving.  And there are so many of them out there.  And you will never miss the look in their eyes when they gaze at you so gratefully. Grateful that you chose THEM.  Thank you Jen and Todd for giving a piece of your heart to Chance.   Looks like Chance is settling right in.  Can't wait for updates!  And lest I forget, Thank you Sheryl for giving Chance his second chance in life!

CHANCE in new home!~
Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment