Wednesday, January 9, 2019

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS! DECEMBER 30TH - KIMBERLY B.!!!

Taken this morning on Pennsylvania Avenue
KIMBERLY!  Thank you!  Kimberly writes:  "For rescues!  In honor of Carol Peath for Christmas."    Thank you Kimberly.  Yes, I agree.  Carol is very special.  She has a heart as big as Rochester.  She would take in a cat in a heartbeat that is in need.   Don’t spread that around.  I don’t remember how Carol heard of me, but she has been a GODSEND to me with emergency situations.  Thank you Kimberly, you pick awesome friends.  And thank you for helping me help so many helpless animals in need this winter season.

It was miserable out this morning.  I know winter is looming – just around the next corner as a matter of fact.  We’ve been spoiled with little snow and higher temps.  The kitties I feed under trees on the side of the roads will not be able to eat there much longer.  We will be getting a storm the next several days that will leave lots of snow and mess.  I keep telling most of the curb eaters ‘ run back to the shelters behind you where there is a roof over your head, over the food, and a place to sleep!” but they don’t listen.  At some locations, there are cats that are more dominant and scare off others that get too close.  Animals can be very cruel to one another.  I wish I could place shelters all over the city – including the median on Central Park across from the nasty Deacon’s church, but it wouldn’t last.  People can be cruel as well.  Take a shelter from a helpless animal.  I hope Karma is real. 

There is someone messing with my stuff – I have a feeling its Lisa down on Parsells.  Lisa has a mental disorder.  I think I will stop calling some people ‘crazy’ (including Marilee) because mental illness is real.  She is moving stuff around, placing cardboard under the shelters, leaving crazy food like beans and rice…  Would love to catch her in the act and admonish her.  That’s all it would take for her to stop.  But I never see her in the early morning hours like I used to.

The two cats, Miley and Limpy (gotta get a better name – but first must get some good pictures), who I trapped Monday morning for TNR but were too sweet to let back out  in the nasty winter weather and are now being harbored by Mileage Masters Boarding House for Unwanted Cats, are doing better on Day Two.  Carol writes:   

Both ate well overnight -
Miley used her litter box -
Came out of her little house to see what breakfast is -
I can pet her - she's receptive to being touched -
She needs a home - not the street -
I'll see how my day goes - I'll see if I can set up the
"doors" and then let her out of the crate -
Limpy - ate after I left -
I can touch him - but he is weary of it -
I haven't seen him move around - he's staying
flat for the moment so I haven't seen him try to
use his leg at all -
Brought him breakfast which he will probably look
at after me leaving -
  
So, thanks again to Kimberly and Carol, the heroes of the day.

Today's Purrsonal Ad:




Bunny:  Tuxie with whisker fetish seeks same with fish breath.

I need a laugh, and the following quote is something I need to remember.  Much stress these days but I keep telling myself I will get through it.

Have a great day!

"Stop focusing on how stressed you are, 
and remember how blessed you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment