Monday, January 28, 2019

CCCCHANGES.....

David Bowie.
ANNIE
Oh man, what a weekend.  2 rescues.  Annie on Friday, and this yet to be named girl this morning.  This is a cat that I believe I saw last spring and she appeared to be a nursing mother.  After grabbing her, and taking her home, I received a lot of advice to released her back to her spot without having her spayed, for fear her babies would die.  She appears to be pregnant at this time.  I saw her yesterday, and just drove away thinking about the two rooms already filled at my house with the recent rescues.  I just couldn’t take another.  But this morning, in 14 degrees, she walked right up to me.  I felt her belly, and can’t be certain, but I said, you are going home with my you little trollop.  No, I didn’t really say that.  I will get her in on standby hopefully tomorrow morning at the clinic.




Friday morning, little Annie ran to us as we were heading back to the truck on Parsells.  I tried to place her in the porch of the vacant house where I had poured food and water and there were shelters inside, but the adult cats that had already started feasting there chased her away.  She then ran toward the truck.  How could I just leave her there.  She appeared to be no older than 7 months or so.  I had no business rescuing this one as there are others on the ‘list’ for rescue, and I already have 8 cats in foster waiting for a home. 



This is one of the little ones on the ‘list’.  I’ve been hoping to grab him for months.  He was at the Short Street location all summer long and then disappeared.  Now, he lives in a plastic tote turned shelter on an open porch of a vacant house on Central Park.  He’s been running to the truck as I pulled up as well.  Oh lord.  We need to help these creatures.  Its OUR – we humans – responsibility to them.  We allowed this to happen.  We must help them.

Another issue I have is Chance.  Chance was near death when he was rescued, was cared for by Saturday Sheryl, and was adopted out to a wonderful family.  Recently, this weekend, Chance had some tummy issues, and was brought to the vet.  They did a microchip scan on him  and found one.  This is upsetting because the initial visit to the vet that morning to get him treated – there was no mention of a chip.  Isn’t that standard procedure?  All this time we didn’t know he was chipped.  And now to have this heartbreak for the adopted family wondering if they are going to lose their cat.  And who was these people that adopted this cat out – from Lollipop.  How did he wind up on Central Park in a blinding snowstorm with the temperatures in the teens?  Very sick no less.  So, I will be having a conversation with the vet that initially treated him, to see what they have to say.

This is all just two days’ worth of my life.  CRAZY.  I need to get to my real job. 

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow. You are on a rescue roll! I hope that Chance is NOT returned to the people who adopted him and had him chipped. I know they may be wonderful people but he is happy and loved right now and it is not fair to him to be uprooted. If people love their animals they will do what is right or the animal - not their own needs. Chance needs to stay where he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was adopted through Lollipop, who did the microchipping.

    ReplyDelete