Wednesday, January 2, 2019

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS! DECEMBER 26TH - VANESSA S.!!!

VANESSA S!!!  Thank you Vanessa for helping me to feed over 100 cats today.  I can confidently, or sadly, say that that number is accurate - I've counted the cats at each of my spots, and its right up there.  It does not include the cats that come just after I leave - the truly feral ones - that are waiting in the darkness.  I truly appreciate your kindness Vanessa.

It was cold and dry out there this morning.  Its the kind of morning that chilled me to the bone, literally.  My hip is killing me.  There, its out there.  I've admitted it out loud.  I have a bad hip.  I will know for certain after my MRI that I am having this Friday has been reviewed and I will be consulting with the doctor the week after that.

I've often thought about what would happen if something were to temporarily happen to me.  What would the cats do.  The girl at work who is our ergonomics person offered to help out.  I spoke to a very old friend on the phone the other day, and he said that he would help out.  That's two.  If I could break it up and have a few people a few days a week, for let's say --- three weeks --- when I am back on my feet, if the S word comes to realization, I would feel so much better.  I've been putting off caring for myself for so long, knowing if I were to stop, the cats would starve. 

Just this morning, I was on Pennsylvania heading toward my second to last stop, and three houses away, those cats could hear the truck - they just KNEW it was me -- and they came RUNNING!  All five cats that I have been feeding for nearly 10 years on this street!  Remember when I had my shelters on the lot I 'rented' from the city to build a garden!  And then I was kicked out of there because of people complaining about the cats, and then had to move just down the street.  I have been through so much with those cats.  They have trusted me for this long!  

Things went smoothly with Noel yesterday. He was brought to his hopefully new and permanent home - and what a home it is.  And his new dad, the perfect person to take on a 'special needs' kitty.  :)  I say that just because Noel is so shy.  It takes just the right person to allow time, and patience, for a kitty like Noel to come out of his shell.  And from the sound of it (my update this morning), its already started.   Noel's new name is JOE by the way.  :) I'm very happy.  So is Joe.  

Now we have to get the others adopted before I can rescue more!  Let's hear it for:

Chance

Jule
(I need to get a better picture of Jule!)




Sabrina

Katie

Holly

Bunny

Hermie

Parsley

Jax
JAX and JONATHAN!
(Jonathan is not up for adoption!) :)

Max

JAX and MAX ' The Twins"


Newton

JAX MAX and NEWTON!

Reese

THE GANG MINUS LULALBELLE

Spread the word!

Have a great day!


"Who looks outside,
dreams;
who looks inside,
awakes."



No comments:

Post a Comment