Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Numbers

MY NEEDS:  I need shelters!!!  The Styrofoam and plastic tote bin kind - pre-made, insulated, straw filled.  Easily transportable.  There are many cold cats out there today!

Kristin writes:  "Here are your numbers (as far as I can tell - I may have missed a couple of TNRs - I will double check).  So 70 rescues this year and 26 TNRs.  So 101 cats helped by YOU!!!  And we still have 2 months left in the year. "  Kristin actually takes the time to go through my blog and do the counting (for TNR's).  Thanks Kristin, YOU are amazing to do that!

My numbers would have been higher but the clinic cut down on spots this year.  Last year, I had two spots per week from March through November, so I was able to do a lot more trapping.  As I have said before, I could set a trap on every corner of Parsells Avenue alone and have each one filled.  There are just so many on this street alone.

News flash!  Lets up that TNR number above by one.  Today I finally trapped MAMA!  I didn't do it personally, but expert drop trapper Laura did it!  Laura went to this location where she was at 4:15 a.m. and parked herself. there until the job was done, around 6 am.   Thank you Laura!  She amazes me.  She is so cool, calm, collective.  I don't know how she does it.  I am total opposite - constantly frazzled, blood pressure through the roof.  Always.  These days I just don't know how to slow down. 


Mama
News flash!  We also have another rescue to add to the number above.  This little guy, from Central, now has a foster looking forward to getting him this Saturday. I scooped him up this morning, he tested negative, and will be up for adoption.  I have NEVER SEEN SUCH A SWEET BOY, ever.  Wait, have I said that before?  They are ALL SWEET!  But this one especially.  He just sat in my lap this morning, and climbed up on my shoulder and looked into my eyes.  I love him.   His name is "Buddy" for now.   BONUS:  He's got a gazillion toes!  Poly dactyl they call them I guess.  Thank you to Max, the PhD student who reached out to me out of nowhere, and asked me if he could help foster a cat from the street.  Thank you Max.  You are going to make a good foster dad, I just know it.  We need more people like you.   And Carol, and Kim, and Melissa!  We now need to find a foster for this sweet little girl I posted a picture of yesterday, still on the street.  She is precious, and has no shelter whatsoever.


"Buddy"

All kittens, as of today, are adopted, EXCEPT for Olive, Woody, Mara, and NO NAME.  No Name is the little girl I trapped yesterday, Mama's baby - Batch #2. I need to name her.  Right now I am calling her Angel.

We still have Parsley, Hermie, Connor, Katie, and Chance - all adults - that we need to find homes for. Please help me.  They deserve a happy life too.

Have a great day.


"Contentment'
is an attitude
that says, "I
will be
satisfied with
what God has
given me."



No comments:

Post a Comment