Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Roof is Repaired!

I started a GoFundMe page for a man who lives in the city, who for many many years allowed me to place shelters in his backyard to feed and shelter several kitty cats.  What a kind man he was to do this.  His house was falling apart.  His garage sure was, literally.  And thanks to the kindness of others, we raised just over $600 to go towards the repair of his roof.  And thanks also to Karon and Walt Simoni, they found someone who offered to do this roof for just over $1400, and the balance was covered by Paul himself.  Paul has other financial issues, but the importance of this roof being repaired became priority.  So thank  you thank you thank you to those involved in the donations, and in helping to get this underway and completed.  I have always said, if I ever win the lottery, I am at least going to build a new garage for this kind man.

BEFORE:




AFTER:



So many people reach out to me for help.  Kittens, cats... just recently someone asked if I could have one of my foster moms foster some kittens that her handyman is harboring in his garage.  Older kittens.  I am not sure if feral, or semi, or what.  But my point is, its so hard to justify rescuing for others, when there are so many on the streets that I have to leave each morning, just waiting for me to rescue them.  I don't blame, and I can understand! anyone trying to find help for all creatures like this, but its just hard for me when I see them every day homeless.  And especially with winter looming over our heads.

This little babe is one of them.  She waits by the curb on Central for me every day.  I say to her, why don't you go to the shelter in the back where the others go for their food?  She just doesn't.  I must get her off the street soon!




Little Katie went to the vet yesterday for some issues her foster mom Carol thought she was having.  She was given a shot of Convenia, and hopefully that will clear things up for her.  She sure could use a permanent home.  Carol has her hands full with Connor, Buffy, Parsley and Hermie.  Anyone?

Thanks All.

Have a great day.

"I believe all animals were created by God
to keep man alive."


3 comments:

  1. You inspire everyone (especially me) to be a better person.
    thank you.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauls roof got fixed ! Thats awesome !

    ReplyDelete