Monday, October 15, 2018

SPLAT!

That was the sound of me when I hit the ground this morning.  Or was it THUMP.  :)  I tried to scare away a RAT! at one of my locations, in the dark, and I tripped over a branch.  DANG!  At least I landed in a pile of twigs.  Broke my fall, I guess. 

"Pfitz" from Parsells
TNR Monday this morning.  This poor fella was the victim.  He will be neutered and given shots, flea and dewormer.  I always add Droncit to the order to make sure any other kind of yucky worms are treated - which I am charged an extra $10 for.  So, each cat I TNR costs $90.  I have had my fair share this year, and if I do my math right, with the TNR's so far this year - Kristin can confirm - lets say I've done 40.....  40 x $90 = $3,600.00.  That's $3,600.00 that the City of Rochester owes me!  I am helping THEM to clean up the City!  These are the cats that won't reproduce! 

Until then, I can always use help if anyone cares to make a donation to the clinic at 585.288.0600 or click the donate button on my website.

(UPDATE! - I was just going though my pictures of this cat that I always take before it goes into the clinic.  Now, mind you, when I trap, it is DARK.  I use my flashlight and am pretty much just looking at the ears, for a previous ear tip, which means kitty has already been spayed or neutered.  Looking at pics, I see a collar!  Its a black one, which blends in well with his fur.  So, first of all, this cat is amongst the pack of cats on Parsells that are homeless.  Who knows how long he has been out, or if he has a home or not, or if he is neutered.  Regardless, he will go in today for ear tip, and neuter.  I can't take the chance to let him back out just because he has a collar on.  He is dirty, for sure, so lets let the vet decide.  They will charge me regardless.)

I have reached out to my expert drop trapper friend for help in getting the mother cat on Ferndale and Webster that just won't go in a trap, all summer, that I keep setting for her.  Her baby kitten, that looks just like her, is also running around there.  Poor little baby.  Pray for luck in getting them both!

I went to visit Katie, the newest tabby I rescued last Monday, who is with foster Carol, and I got to see Connor!  Bonus - Connor sat on my lap!  They are both beautiful cats and both need permanent homes.  I did not have time to go in to see Parsley and Hermie, but 'plan' on doing so next weekend. 

I had two families go to meet the kittens at foster Sue's house this weekend.  Fingers crossed! 

MARA
Little Mara, the kitten I trapped last Monday along with Katie, (who by the way is the from the same location as today's TNR) is doing so much better, per foster Melissa.  Isn't she gorgeous. 

And finally, I went to foster Kim's house to pick up Timber - and deliver him to his new home.  Timber is just the nicest cat.  It was another tough one for Kim to let go, but she did, so that we can save another.  I just love Timber's new foster dad, he is a great cat dad, and I couldn't be happier.  He has taken lots of pics and sent me lots of updates, without me even asking!  Take a look at Timber in his new home!




Have a great day!

"Anxiety happens when you think you
have to figure out everything all at once.
Breathe.  You're strong.  You got this.
Take it day by day."


2 comments:

  1. Timber is SO handsome !
    I hope his cat daddy takes good care of him !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for Timber - and Mara and Katie! I will try to tally up your numbers tonight and let you know your totals so far. I know they are high!1

    ReplyDelete