Friday, October 5, 2018

TGIF!

Well, its another Friday.  I am thrilled.  I have two days I can get some STUFF done.  Do a little visiting, go meet up with Connor, see if he will come out from hiding, see if Parsley or Hermie come out from hiding. 

OLIVE


Look at Jessie - is he adorable or what?




I occasionally get to talk to the people on the streets in the mornings... not that I try to, but some come right up and ask questions, others look at you like 'what are you doing?'  The latter I try to educate that I am feeding cats - because I must look crazy.  Yesterday, it happened, so I drove up to the guy that just stood there watching, and I told him, and he then said how his mother has an injured cat in her basement.  He said he fed it some chicken.  He told me his mom lives on Garson, and I gave him my number, and he said he would call me when she got up and he could get the cat into the carrier they had for me to come pick up.  GREAT.   It was, after all, 5 am.  I did not hear from him yesterday, so I dropped off a bag of food on the porch of the house, with a note to call me, and my number.  I have not yet heard from them.  The man, Curt, was ...  shall we say...  a little inebriated when we talked, but I know he was genuine.  He said he was more a dog person, but cared that the cat was injured.  He had no car, nor did his mother. He said he lived on Bay across from clinic.  Nothing yet.  Will keep you posted.

Today I got the guy that is selling stuff to make a buck. This time it was grapes.  A whole box of grapes.  He 'swears' they were not stolen. He said he would give me the whole box for $5.  I told him, and all the others, I do not have any money, just cat food!  This guy didn't believe me, and I looked him in the eye and said, I am not a liar.  If I had the money, I would give it to you.  Which I would.

Lets try to get some of these kitties adopted.  Squirt and Snuggles are coming over to spend the weekend with me this afternoon.  They are NEARLY potty trained, and NEARLY weaned, but not quite there yet.  But totally adorable, so you forgive! 

Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment