Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Dookie



Melville 4 a.m. this morning - STARVING
There is a church on my route, where each day, cats gather waiting for me, starving.  I place two paper bowls of dry food, and a bowl of water, and they ravage this food immediately.  Some swoon around my feet, others keep their distance until I get back into the truck.  Each morning, these dishes are gone.  Removed.  The church's pastor's name is Reverend Ray.

Kings found these passages.  I think I will be leaving them for Reverend Ray.  Maybe he skipped these chapters, and maybe he just might see the light.

There are many 'Christians' out there that hate cats, and will do anything to keep them away, and off their property.  I don't know how you sleep at night, knowing you blatantly allowed an animal to suffer, at your own hands.

‘And the King shall answer and say unto them, verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye did it unto even these least, ye did it unto me.’

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.’
So, I wrote the above yesterday, just to get a head start on my blog today.  You'll never believe it.  

This guy was waiting for me in his truck this morning.  First thing, as I was getting out of the car - as there was two older kittens and an adult cat waiting for me - the guy rolled up to the corner curb like McGiver, or Hawaii Five-O, got out of his car and started speaking into his cell phone.  He was calling the police.  Then he started to come to the car and started taking pictures, and videotaping me.  He stated that he was the deacon of this church and I was to stop leaving food for the cats there.  Well, for the next 5 minutes, he would NOT STOP TALKING over me.  I immediately TRIED to tell  him that I would stop feeding there, but that I had every right to feed them in the median of the road.  Which I proceeded to go over across the street to a tree and start pouring the food and water.  This man continued to TALK OVER ME and I could NOT get a word in edgewise.  Have you ever had a confrontation with someone like this?  Where they just WONT STOP TALKING???  He yelled to me that there were cats???.... and squirrels ??? going into the church and going dookie.  DOOKIE?  Really Sir?  How old are you?  I would have to say in his 50s.  I couldn't help but start to laugh, and repeat what he said.  I just couldn't believe he said Dookie.  He then saw a police car as he was talking on the phone and started whistling for it, but the car kept going.  I finally said, which he probably didn't hear me because he would not STOP TALKING., that I would be up on the next corner or so if he wanted to let the police know in case they wanted to speak to me.  WHAT AN ASS.

I am sorry.  I have respect for all religion, religious people and religious beliefs, but really.  Do you really read the bible .....and follow it, sir?  I can't understand the mindset of people that can kick an animal in need to the curb, and say it has no right to food and water, even on your own property.

I continued on my journey, irritated, but determined, more than ever, to help these animals.

WHAT A JERK.  Deacon or not.  Sir, you need to pick up the bible and read these chapters again.

CENTRAL GIRL - NEEDS FOSTER!!!


"Cat rescue is hard work.
It's a 24/7 job.
Being physically 
and emotionally 
strong is a must.  
Feeling overwhelmed
at times is inevitable.
Giving up on them
is out of the question.
Looking into your 
rescue's loving eyes, 
reminds you why
its all worth it;
every minute,
every sacrifice,
every heartache."

3 comments:

  1. Lmao @ dookie!!�� I hope the kitties don't run into the road to get to median and get hit. I also hope this jerk doesn't hurt them. Also, how is "squirrel dookie" your fault? Perhaps he needs to expend his energy funding and sealing up holes that are allowing the cats and squirrels inside!! Lord help him, and God bless YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to be kidding!!!!! Does he even know what cat poop (sorry, dookie) looks like? There's a HUGE difference in shape and size. And I agree with Gail....If they've got critter problems they need to find out how they're getting in. (At my church it's the bats we have to deal with, and they are protected by law.) Hang in there Janine, and God bless you. Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously ?
    I think the guy is full of DOOKIE !

    1. Why do you leave the church doors open so animals can come in ?
    2. Why would a CAT leave dookie in the church ? Does it have sand or dirt spread on the floor so a cat thinks its a litter box ?
    3. What happened to forgiving us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us ?

    You sir - are not a man of god - you are a childish excuse for a minister...

    ReplyDelete