Wednesday, October 10, 2018

A Second Chance

My Wishlist:


  • Wooden Boards
  • Heavy Duty Camoflaug Tarps
  • Bricks/Heavy Rocks 
  • Styrofoam Boxes (LARGE)
  • DARK spray paint (Plastics)




Chance, the skinny little kitty that I was ready to drop off at the Emergency Clinic, knowing its chances were slim to stay alive.  Yes, I freely admit it.   There has been many times in my life where I have taken very sick cats there, mainly ones that couldn't move, to be examined, and the outcome was usually euthanasia.  There are many factors which make up my decisions to do that, and #1 is money, and #2 is where to keep/care for the sick kitty.  My house has NO room left for another cat.  I like to keep a nice house, but with many older cats right now, and having behavior/medical issues, I cannot bring another cat into the house.  And with my hip condition right now, I am practically tripping over my own, let alone keeping another in a tiny bathroom, or a closed up bedroom, which already Jules occupies one of the two 24/7, due to his behavior/aggression.   And then you have a foster or two of mine, that would fill their homes and business up with cats if they could, but its not fair to the cats already rescued and waiting for a home.  Not to mention if I have kittens still unadopted, which I do.  And then you have the people who, after you post it on Facebook, MIGHT offer?  But thats HOURS down the road, let alone a day or two.  And in the meantime, its too late.  I do my rescues in the early morning hours when everyone is asleep.  I don't have the luxury of time.

CHANCE

So Chance, Chance is a lucky one.  I am not saying that my bringing Chance to the emergency vet would have been his death sentence for sure.  I listen to what the doctors have to say, and base my decision then.  Sheryl, however, wanted to take it a step further, and see if this very sickly, smelly kitty could be saved.  And she is trying.  WE are trying.   Keep fighting Chance!

I am not sure if I mentioned to you, the foster who fostered Peanut for me, the fluffy red kitten that I trapped - the foster fell in love, and adopted him!  His new name is Presley.  And Michelle LOVES him! 

He went from this:





To this:



PRESLEY

I am waiting on an update from Carol, who took in the older kitty I trapped Monday morning.  

Melissa reports on the kitten I also trapped on Monday, who she named Mara;  "This is the kitten Janine caught and I stepped up to foster. Now this girl has a chance at a warm, loving home once socialized. Janine said she looks like Grumpy Cat, so I'm calling her Mara which means bitterness. She'll turn into a sweet girl soon 

MARA

Have a nice day!

"As custodians of the planet it is our
responsibility to deal with all species
with kindness, love, and compassion.
That these animals suffer through
human cruelty is beyond understanding.
Please help to stop this madness."

No comments:

Post a Comment