Friday, October 19, 2018

TGIF!

MY NEEDS:  I need shelters!!!  The Styrofoam and plastic tote bin kind - pre-made, insulated, straw filled.  Easily transportable.  There are many cold cats out there today!


Mama was let back out this morning.  She spent a good, warm night - well fed, on my porch.  She was ready.  She has good shelters to crawl into to be warm and safe.  Whoever maintains the property these heavy duty shelters are sitting on (its a HUD house, vacant for well over two years now) clearly is an animal lover.  They could have removed these shelters long ago, just put them to the curb, but instead they have mowed, and trimmed weeds around them.  Thank God for people like this.

Pennsylvania Ave. Cats This A.M.

Another kind person is the owner of DeGeorge Ceilings.  If you all recall way back when, I had trouble feeding the gazillion red cats I saw on this property over a year or two ago.  After some communication back and forth between us, Mr. DeGeorge's heart turned soft and he said I could feed on his property.  He also suggested the vacant lot next door, which I immediately took over, and was grateful for the suggestion.  Since then, one of his employee's girlfriend's reached out to me and told me the sweetest story about her boyfriend rescuing the sister of the hurricane boys - Harvey and Huey.  She thought what I was doing was wonderful, and began to read my blog, and follow me with all the rescues I made last year - over 100 - more than half of those were kittens.  They both reached out to me when Lolly and Pop came my way, and wanted to adopt them both.  Long story short, her boyfriend, Chuck, wanted to build something for the kitties remaining, and being the master craftsman he is, he built this!  Its a little kitty condo!  I took pics this morning, which aren't very great, but this heavy wooden structure will be great for the kitties that can't fit in the little shelters in the lot next door.  Many thanks to Mr. DeGeorge, Chuck and Danielle.  Without you, these kitties would have surely suffered.




Pebbles.  I am naming the little black and white kitten I rescued Wednesday morning Pebbles.  I just love her.  I have to say though, she was a little flea bag.  I gave her a bath and it was red.  Which means the fleas were just biting her all over.  I added a little Advantage flea med to her neck, and gave her dewormer.  She hates me now, but will thank me later.

PEBBLES!

When I bring these fleabags into my house, I sometimes have to treat my own cats, depending on the exposure they've had to the fleabags.  I try to keep them contained, but due to me rescuing "Buddy" yesterday morning, I've had Pebbles in a screened playpen in my living room, and "Buddy" in the bathroom.

CHANCE
Pebbles will be vetted soon, and ready for adoption!  Please consider Pebbles, and Mara, and Katie, and Chance, and Connor, and Parsley, and Hermie, and Jules!

Have a fabulous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment