Thursday, October 11, 2018

Puddles



This morning, as I woke at 2 am., I remembered the forecast for the morning, and I had heard thunderstorms rolling in around 4-5 am.  I had heard this forecast on the evening news the night before.  I looked out the window and it looked fairly dry, no rain.  I became anxious, thinking, why should I lie here for an hour (2:20 - 3:20), which is what I do after I get up, to close my eyes on the couch mentally preparing my self to go out into the dark, when I could be out NOW, beating the rain.  But then I thought, even if I go out NOW, at 2:30 am., and TRY to beat the rain, I will still get home and will lose this hour of rest, so why not lay here for another hour, take my chance.  I took it, and the rain held off.  I got home, 5:15, and then the rain came.  Hallelujah!



All the little babies were waiting on me for their breakfast.  I placed a couple of huts behind a house of a wonderful family that told me I could place shelters at.  This is right next door to the @#$#@@! that owns the property I've been feeding at, who just took two of my shelters.  I will continue to hunt this guy down and ask for them back.  If he touches the shelters at the house next door, I will call the police.  There is a very sick red cat there that at least will have food to eat out of the rain (I placed a board over the two shelters to make a roof to put the food under).  This cat has been elusive to me for many years.  He will NOT go into a trap.

There is still the fertile mother, and a baby kitten on Ferndale and Webster.  I need help here.  I need a drop trap.  I need someone to do the drop trapping for me.

Chance will need to go back to the vet this weekend, as he is not doing the best that he could be doing.  We are still taking donations for him, as what was donated did not cover his vet visit on Sunday.

Timber, the red haired beauty I grabbed a few weeks ago from Baldwin and Grand, whom Kim has been fostering, will go to his new home on Saturday.  Hopefully he will be a good boy and get to know his siblings, like he has with Kim's kitties.  He is very mellow, and we hope he continues.  This kind person adopting is also looking for a fourth kitty, his limit.  I must find him a special cat to complete his family. Kim will then foster Katie, who Carol named for the kitty I rescued on Monday from Central.  Carol took her in, but is also going to try her for a 'shop' kitty for her business, so we will see.   Carol has her hands full with Connor, Parsley and Hermie, who we must get adopted soon as well.

SPENCER

JESSIE

WOODY

OLIVE

ELLIE


MARA


We still have five 'Woodpile' kittens to be adopted, and now a sixth kitten, Mara, who Melissa took in two days ago after I trapped her on Parsells.  More pics coming soon.

Have a GREAT day!

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

No comments:

Post a Comment