Wednesday, October 17, 2018

AND... another one... ugh.

First off, the last week of August, I spotted the mother cat in one of my shelters with a new litter.   I decided to let her be due to the size of the kittens, brand new newborns.  I didn't want her to move them.  Three days later, they were gone because of a raccoon or skunk that I tried quietly to scare out.  Eight weeks later, I see one baby and the mom (who has been very elusive to going into the trap I've set since Springtime, when I rescued five or six babies from her first litter, all with terrible eyes - which BTW Kellers Kats took in for me, and they are now all thriving).  I finally remembered to bring my kitten trap this morning, and VOILA!  Got HER.  Sweet little baby.  No hissing, no aggression.  Just sweet.  I now have someone on board to do a drop trap for the mom tomorrow morning.  Wish us luck.  this is either her 2nd or 3rd litter.  Now to name this baby!



The remaining cat I did not rescue on Monday, out of the three, Pfitz from Parsells, spent the night on my porch and was released yesterday morning.  He was obviously someone's cat, a cat that was not neutered, but is now, and is now collarless as I didn't know how friendly he would be to have me put it back on him while in the trap.  The clinic had to remove it for the neuter.   There are just too many cats out there roaming.  Too many strays. 

Once again, we are having our Fall Auction!  We are looking for all sorts of stuff, easily shippable, and easily transportable.  We would like stuff that YOU yourself would like to have.  So, please contact me if you need help with getting items to me.  Gift cards are very much welcome.   We love jewelry, soaps, handcrafted items, anything!  Please let me know if you have any questions.  We are hoping to begin the auction on or around the 1st of November.  All proceeds help me with my quest to not only feed 100+ cats a day, but to care for them medically as well, which includes spay, neuter and shots at $90 per cat.  I can't do it alone.  I need your help.  Thank you in advance! 






Have a great day!

"We make a living by what we get.  
We make a life by what we give."



1 comment:

  1. Hey! I am sending your numbers to you in a minute. You can share with your fans tomorrow! :) Great job on the kitten today

    ReplyDelete