Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Hump de Dump



No drama today.  Cold, yet quiet.  Lots of kitties gathered underfoot to eat their only meal of the day.  There are two starving black cats on Melville that have been running up to me each morning now, just GOBBLING the food I try to put down before my fingers get chomped on.  So sad.  Its heartbreaking to see what I see.  I want to scoop them all up but there is not enough room to put them anywhere.  I just pray they find, and use, the shelters I have around them - these in particular are in the back of the lot from the tree bordering the street which I feed them under.

I went to the church kitties first - I call it the Back Nine - where I cross North Goodman Street and head west doing my spots west of there.  I didn't want confrontation with this 'holy man'.  i figured he might get up early again and sit there in waiting just to be sure I wasn't going to place food dishes down for the 'varmints' I feed. I can't stop thinking about this man, and people like him.  I just don't get it.  How can any compassionate human being knowingly let an animal suffer?  He could have at least 'worked' with me, try to come up with a solution.  A resolution where he is not bothered, and the many cats wandering around there would suffer less.  God would not do this, how could he?

I am in need of boards.  Sizes can vary, but should be at least 3' height, and 3' wide.  Preferably higher on both counts.  They would be used as lean-to's or 'doors' protecting the inside of the little huts that I transform into sleeping/feeding stations.  Kind of like this.  I took this photo this morning of the Red Family, on Parsells.  This is where so many kitties have already been rescued, in particular Baby Harvey, Baby Huey, and Baby Macaroni and Cheese.  All suffered terrible eye infections. Most of these cats are neutered and spayed.  One exception - there is a female cat, a dark tortie, I have not caught.  More babies were trapped this spring - those included Joey, Luke, Bo, Daisy, Teddy and Chase.   She will be pregnant in no time, but I just can't catch her.

This lean-to is not large enough to protect the opening here, so I must find another piece of wood, a little longer, and it should be dark.  Can always be spray painted dark.  Dark Brown, or Dark Green to blend in with the landscape.  Click on picture to see better.

Parsells this morning...  

Please don't forget the on-line auction that will start next week.  I can always use gift cards/certificates.  They are fun to win, and easy to ship out.  They can be ordered and sent to me or to the auction organizer.  Please message me for address.  I thank you ahead of time in helping me to continue to do what I do.  As Ringo Starr would say, you know it don't come easy...
 

Have a great day.

"Use your voice
for kindness,
your ears for 
compassion, your
hands for charity,
your mind for
truth, and your
heart for love."

No comments:

Post a Comment