Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Blah...

I'm feeling so uninspired this morning...  this post is pretty lame today.  I would love to hear from others!

Another morning dodging the rain.  Luckily it has rained either prior to going out at 3:45 am., or just after finishing up at 5:15 a.m.  I can't stand the rain.  Its just ................  wet!  Who likes to be wet?   Not me.

Someone reached out to me a few weeks ago, and offered to take an adult cat off the street and in to foster.   WOW.   What an awesome thing to do.  I've had not even a handful of people offer to do that.   This man is travelling to the Arctic Circle for his PhD, and will then be back in two weeks.  I am planning on getting this sweetheart, with a million toes.   I've been feeding this sweetheart for a long time now, had him TNR'd this summer, and every day he greets me with a look in his eye, and patiently waits for me to pour his favorite food, anything from a can.  Its not only him at this Central Park location...  there is a black and white kitty running to me, and a very pretty brown tabby - a dainty little thing, that waits patiently for me under a tree by the road each day.  My heart aches for them all.  I would love to find homes for all three here at this location.



I  have had the pleasure of FOUR kittens at my house this week.  Someone was supposed to come meet Ellie on Saturday, but she never showed. I had picked up the Spencer, Ellie and Jessie at Melissa's house that day and never brought them back.  The fourth one is MOO MOO!  She is just the sweetest kitten I've ever seen.  Really.  She plays a little bit, and sleeps a lot, and cuddles a LOT LOT!  Never had a kitten be such a snuggler.  I have someone coming to meet her this weekend, all the way from Corning!  And someone is coming to meet Ellie tomorrow after work as well.  These three are still a bit skitzy, but they are nothing but tiny furballs.  I had Jessie purring last night.  I was amazed.  Out of the six, these three are the most fearful.  I will return them soon to have Melissa do her magic in socializing them a bit more.

I had someone interested in Timber this week, but she just emailed me informing me she adopted another cat.  Oh well, I guess that wasn't meant to be. 

Please help spread the word about these babies!  Big and little ones! 

In the meantime, take a look at this sweet and short video of 12 cats with odds stacked against them, and where they are now.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=143&v=0_HbAx4izOw

Have a great day!

“Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.”




4 comments:

  1. Hi J !
    Can you please update on a fundraiser (MEOW and CHOW) ?
    Are you going to have one this year ?
    Its getting late !
    If not WHEN ?
    We want to bask in the gory that is The Janine !
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALSO - can you please have Carrie add a spot on the home page for "THINGS I NEED RIGHT NOW" and have an up to date list of things you need under it ?
    Have her set it so you can edit it just like adding a new blog post.
    Then readers can see right away what you currently need - like boards, doors, headlamps, batteries, yada ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or if thats too hard just add a section at the TOP of each blog post that says THINGS I NEED - so we can see everyday what you need.
      Peeps have short memory. we are so busy we forget what you said you needed.
      Just make it part of your daily post.
      (you can even put "need more hugs" in the list)
      LOL

      Delete