Thursday, July 12, 2012

TGIT!



Yes, its Thursday, a Friday for me.  Yay!  I so look forward to three day weekends...  I don't have money to go anywhere, nor do I have anyone who will feed the kitties that are waiting for me each day, starving for their next meal, so getting eight free hours to do the mundane chores normally done on a Saturday is a thrill for me.  I can then spend a Saturday morning relaxing.  Wonderful. 

I counted the kitties at my first spot this morning, which, by the way, was still intact.  By intact I mean that the cheap paper bowls, and plates, were still on the ground.  Its very sparse, but I am hoping I can place a few shelters down to cover the food when it ever does rain again.  Which will be soon, I am sure.  Kitty count was seven.  I am not sure if I was able to coax all the kitties from behind Grand Avenue, and I may have a few from Parsells that have joined the food line, but thats fine.   The more hungry homeless animals I can feed, the better for them.  My issue is food.  Keep in mind, I have to drag SIX16-lb. bags of Dad's cat food from the store, over to the car, up into my house, down the steps to the basement.  This is a lot of lifting.  My knees are bad.  Those bags will last me six days.  I use 16-lbs. a day of dry cat food feeding the homeless cats.  Then there are the 32 large cans of Buju wet food I drag home from my weekly shopping trips.  I use five cans a day, so I normally run out of those mid-week.  So back to the store I go.   Its drudgery and hard work, for sure.  Food is number one on my wish list.  Its very costly to buy this much food each week, and continue to take my own cats, who half have something going on medically, to the vet office.  Today, I will be bringing Patric back for his third bandage change on his foot.  He is the kitty I rescued last Thursday from Short.  I think he has a home, but I want to be sure he is healed before then.  This is all very costly, but I wound'nt, COULD'NT change it!

The next spot is where Limpy #1 hangs.  He is all better, thank God.  Whatever his ailment was on his foot, a shot of medicine sure helped him out.  At the next few spots is where injured raw wound on neck kitty is.  He - well, lets just call him Stevie - was TNR'd and wound treated a few weeks back.  His wound healed up nicely, but its back to being raw and he scratches at it like mad.  Wish I had a solution for that.  And at the next few stops, Limpy #2 is still limping around.   I didn't see Sparkles with him this morning.  Poor thing is so thin too.  I am hoping he will be TNR'd and foot looked at tomorrow by Laura, who has been my savior recently for a few of these kitties.  Without her, these animals would still be out there suffering most likely.

Speaking of TNR'g, I've been informed that the clinic at Lollipop is closed until sometime in August.  I see many unneutered babies out there these days.  So, I must make this a priority next month, but will need some help, with transportation mostly.  I know I can't save them all, but I can save one at a time!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your well-deserved day off tomorrow Janine. Glad to hear stop #1 wasn't trashed and the kitties are coming to it. Hope Larry's behaving better too.
    If anyone reading this blog can help Janine - EVERY little bit helps her. And lastly - thanks Laura - for stepping in with help. You're the best!! Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am also glad you get a break-however small/short that it is. you are amazing.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cartoon you posted! That is so my cats.

    So glad that your stuff wasn't trashed today and that Patric is doing better. I wonder if poor Stevie has an allergy that makes him itchy. Does he have fleas?

    Enjoy your "day off"! Cleaning doesn't sound much fun but I guess it's better than work. ;)

    ReplyDelete