Friday, July 6, 2012

MISSING



I have been in a panic this entire morning.  My Buster is missing.  I have not seen him, and as ashamed as I am to say this, I don't remember the last time I did see him.  I can't be sure if I did see him yesterday.  The day before I am pretty sure of as I was home that day and all seemed accounted for.   This is the worst feeling.  Its a sick feeling.  I can't even begin to imagine a parent with a human child thats gone missing, the sickness they must feel.  I have searched everywhere in the house except going up into the rafters in the basement.  Although I cannot figure out why he would be there.  All I can think of - did he get into a fight with Larry, who possibly might have bitten him, and now my poor Buster is dying somewhere, or dead already?  As I said, I am sick over this.  Just in case he got out, which is most unlikely, I will post something on Craigslist and perhaps do some fliers to post around the trees on my street, and alert my neighbors.  I have friends and relatives that let their cats outdoors.  I could never stand the sick feeling I would have if that cat didn't come home for a day.  I am so upset and worried, but have to put on a brave and happy face for work.  Anyone who says an animal is just an animal - just because they have human children - they are wrong.  I don't have human children.  My cats ARE my children.
Another emotional situation I encountered this week was the sight of this house:   I drove past this house and just had to turn around.  I was shocked.  I rolled down my window to look closer, and could still smell the fire, even though it happened last weekend.  I hope you can zoom in on the front of this house, there are words spray painted on the boards in front saying "Will always be missed Grandma, Tootsie"  and "RIP Grandma".   I have never been involved in a fire, nor even witnessed one.  As I was looking at this house, realizing that someone died in this fire, I looked over across the street and noticed a woman sitting on her porch, directly across from the house.  I drove over and spoke to her, and just lost it.  I told her I could not believe how sad this was, and said how bad it must have been for her to just watch this, and she told me that the woman who died was bedridden, and that she actually wasn't watching the fire, she ran in and got the kids that were in there out.  I just sobbed.  Such a sad sad sad situation.  Someone's mother, someone's grandmother, someone's daughter, someone's wife, someone's aunt, someone's niece, someone's girlfriend, someone's best friend.   Seeing this was just so profound, so tragic.  We parted after I wished her a blessed day, and she said the same to me.  Two strangers bonded for one brief minute.

 
The picture above is of Limpy #2 taken this morning, along with Sparkles backside, and a new darker red cat at the feeding spot.  Limpy #2 was targeted for trapping yesterday, and to have his foot looked at, but no luck.   He disappeared, but was in plain sight today, still limping.  "Patric" (picture below) was also picked up from Short Street, this little guy, who has a problem with a toe, so he is in my bathroom, hoping to heal, and hoping to find him a home.  He is under a year and very very sweet. 


I wish you all a very safe weekend.

4 comments:

  1. How very true but sad Janine. You are a wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find your baby, I will say a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, poor Buster! I'm praying that you find her quickly and that she's just hiding somewhere in your house. My cat went missing once for just a couple hours and I'll never forget that sickening, heart pounding feeling. (I found him under the bushes in our yard, the little stinker.) Let us know as soon as you find her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying you find Buster Janine. I'm so glad you captured that little male - he's a cutie. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete