Tuesday, July 10, 2012

EVIL- PART TWO



OK, so, here is what I've been dealing with for a good week and a half/two weeks - EVERY SINGLE MORNING.  VERY STRESSFUL.  It began with my stuff being tossed to the curb from behind the house next door to Wally's, on Grand.  Then came the young girl that I wrote about a few posts ago that lived in the same house as Wally, who I got into a heated discussion with but she turned around and apologized to me for her attitude.  Wally moved out last Wednesday to a new place that my uncle, who owns a lot of properties in the city, found for him in a slightly better location, not far from here.  The people next door to his place didn't do much to bother me and the cats, I believe, because I was over at Wally's a few times a week doing something for him or bringing him something - not that Wally could protect me from them, but I think they did it out of some sort of respect, if you can call it that.  But the very next morning my stuff was trashed again. On Sunday, they were sitting on the porch just waiting for me to pull up at 5:15.   A heated argument ensued with a black woman who lived next door to there, and a man they call "Crazy Legs" because his legs are all messed up apparently due to a gunshot, according to Wally, who tells me its his nephew.  God knows where any one actually sleeps around this area.  Next door to the left of where Wally lived is a 'spanish' woman who left me the note the week prior saying 'antifreeze is quicker' - referring to poisoning the cats if I didnt' stop feeding.  In the meantime, my shelters are trashed, bowls of water and food are thrown out as soon as I leave so the cats have nothing to eat for another day.  Are you following me?

Anyway, after Sunday morning, I decided I had had enough.  I made a plan to go to the house on the street parallel to Grand and pray this person had an ounce of compassion enough to allow me to move the food stuff behind their house, which would be easy enough to coax the cats throught the adjoining fence separating both yards.  Low and behold, I found my savior.  In this respect.  A nice man named John.  He owns a german shepard and two cats himself and he told me he had no problems with me doing this.  I had also left a note at the adjoining apartment and that person called me that night - Julia, and said it was ok to do. 

So, Monday morning, we moved a few boards over and placed some food and water down.  I made kitty noises to try to coax them to the back and through the fence to this new spot to eat.  I then went on my regular rounds.  I decided to come back and check before I went home to get ready for work.  I went back, and made some more calling sounds for the cats because not all had come initially, and there was the 'spanish' woman in her back yard, and started to tell me I was a menace and that I had better stop feeding the cats or she would poison them and that I was trespassing.  I yelled back over to her, through the fence, that she would be charged with animal cruelty, that I was not trespassing any more (I never was on her property to begin with), and that I would never stop feeding the cats and allow them to starve to death, and to mind her own business!   So, when I got there this morning, the bowls were gone, and there was a box of rat poison laying there.  I immediately texted my cop friend and we spoke this morning.  She is going over there to speak to this woman and tell her to leave my stuff alone, and that if she touches my stuff, or poisons the cats, she will be arrested.   Can't wait to hear the outcome.  Stay tuned!  :) 

"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure the word evil is strong enough for that woman. Hopefully the threat of arrest will put a stop to her harassment. Thank God you found someone with a heart (and a soul) who will let you use his property.

    ReplyDelete