Tuesday, July 3, 2012

O Say Can You See, By The Dawn's Early Light...

How apropos for today's blog.  Oh, the things I see and hear sometimes. 

It started off at my first spot, where Wally is moving from, where there has been so much tension lately with the screaming match with the young girl, and the note written to me about poisoning the cats if I continued to feed.  I brought back this large plastic tote and stood it on its side in the back of the house next door to Wally's.  I then went back to my car and got the food and water, all the while six cats are either following me or waiting for me to come back.  I fed them, provided water, and proceeded to go back to my car when I glanced over onto the porch of the house I feed behind, and there sat a young white guy.  I said goodmorning, he replied the same.  I was hesitant about what to say next without coming off like a crazy person.  I asked him if he liked cats, and he replied he loved them and started to tell me about one that at some point in his life, that had run off when someone opened the door.  I told him what I was doing and asked if it was him that put the shelter to the curb last week.  He said no and pointed to next door, where the girl lives, and said he thinks it was her, or the house next to that where I think the note came from.  Anyway, to make a long story short, he told me I was welcome to move my shelter back there and that he would keep an eye out for the kitties and my shelter.  I could not have thanked him enough.  His name is Ryan, and he was a very polite young guy.  I am so thankful for this, I had so much anxiety going here each morning!

I proceeded on to my next few stops a very happy girl.  I gave a good pet and scratch to Big Red, Talkie and Lucille, and then to the next stop giving a good scratch and pet to Red and Boots, then to the next stop where injured raw wound kitty resides.  I saw him, and his wound is back to being raw and red.  Not sure what to do here.  I feel so bad for him.  Wondering if I can slip him some kind of medicine in his food.  I thought he was healing so nicely after being trapped and treated by Laura.  Here is his picture I took of him this morning. 

Then onto the next few stops, where I stopped the car in the middle of 7th after seeing a pit bull running close to Bay Street with his lease dragging.  A beautiful copper colored dog.  I always check to see if its agressive, and believeing it wasn't, I got out and got the little bag of dog food I carry and shook it.  I pulled to the side and got out and placed it on a plate with a bowl of water, he sniffed it and took off.  I was so mad I didn't grab his leash and place him in my backseat to take home, keep in my yard until animal control could come get him or his owners.  Didn't see him after that.  I pray he is ok.

After many other stops, Sparkles and Limpy #2 (pictured here)

gobbling their food, and all the others, I proceeded to my last stop on Parsells.  I got out and placing food and water heard a loud shouting.  It was across the street, so I walked over and listened.  After about 30 seconds, I said  I am calling the police.  It was a woman that sounded like she was beating a child.  The neighbor came out and confirmed a woman lived there with her kids and that there was always something going on like that.  I called 911.  I could hear her from across the street.  I could hear pounding and thumping, and knew who ever was on the receiving end of this woman's wrath was not winning the fight.   I will never give up reporting these kinds of things, especially to help a child in possible danger.

These are various pics I took this morning. 




This little gray is a sweet young male that really needs a home. 
They all do. 

Have a great 4th everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment