Monday, July 9, 2012

EVIL

I will start this post with all the good stuff happening, and then maybe there will be room for the bad stuff, maybe.

Patric, the little boy that was trapped Thursday for neutering and returning, has been slowly healing from his toe wound at my house.  He went to the vet on Saturday morning and was given antibiotics, his ears treated, and his wound cleaned and wrapped.  He may have a permanent home, but not until his foot is better, so must keep on that!  Here is his picture, lazing about in 'his bedroom'.  

Here is another good thing:  This little guy came walking up to me at my third spot - he was full of fleas, here is him getting his bath:

Gross, look at those fleas!

And my, doesn't he clean up nicely!



Can you imagine...  these cats are truly suffering out on the streets.....  My vet told me that Patric would not have made it on the streets with his toe like that - you can see the bone!  And this little guy, yet unnamed, it just makes me sick to think that someone could have dumped this little one.  He is SO cuddly and sweet.  He must have known human contact.  When I let him out into the general population Sunday morning, he was as happy as a clam being with all the other 'adults' in the house.  I have the best bunch of cats, they barely blink an eye when a new 'guest' comes along. 

Another kitty I am grateful I was able to get off the street is Larry, who is doing well, getting ear meds daily.  Although I was not pleased with him this morning after hearing a scuffle between him and Rufus.  Larry certainly did not act like the elder I thought he was, he could outrun Rufus.  Larry had a time out this morning in the bathroom.  He was like a little kid, he needed some time to calm down.

Finally, Buster, who I found on Friday after work in the basement on top of a pile of old rugs folded up.  I was so worried about her because she rarely ever leaves the spare bedroom she hangs in and always come when the dinner bell is rung (kidding).  So, I've been keeping an eye on her, and she seems to be coming out of whatever she was in.  Perhaps it was the heat, perhaps the new visitors in the house, I don't know. 

Well, I am now out of room for the EVIL portion of this post.  I did this on purpose because I am in mental anguish over it.  Its the first spot I go to each day on Grand Avenue.  I have had some really bad verbal fights with the evil people that live there.  They have trashed my shelters, and have thrown the food away as soon as I left there the past two mornings.  Those cats have gone two days in a row without food or water.  I will give you an update tomorrow, I just can't talk about it right now.  I was threatened again with the anti-freeze, this time in person by the woman who wrote the note.  Such evil, and I am sick over it.  Update tomorrow.  Have a good day.

3 comments:

  1. I think a good name for that adorable little kitty who had the fleas is Butterscotch, because he/she is the color of it! You are such an angel, those fleas must have caused the little guy intensive itching.....concentrate on the good and the positive, you are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that name! Who ever you are, THANK YOU!

      Delete
  2. Yes - I like Butterscotch too. Great pixs and stories Janine. I'm so glad Patric may have a forever home. Just be careful with those evil ones; we don't want anything happening to you. Think of what Brad mentioned - relocating even a block away and the kitties will find you. Better than tangling with those nut cases or them taking revenge on the innocent kitties.
    Sorry to hear Larry's being a stinker; I'm surprised at his spunk in defending himself; he seems so gentle!! Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete