Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Milestones

How's that title?  Not bad, but there aren't milestones involved in this, so its kind of misleading.  Oh well.

So much going on in my world, but then again, who's life isn't busy these days?  I did get Larry back yesterday.  Nancy, who has been kind enough to care for him since I rescued him from the streets a couple of weeks ago needed to pare down her house a bit - Larry was being kept in her bathroom and was getting lonely.  I took him and placed him in a bedroom, and after about an hour, said - 'ok, he needs to mingle with the others', so I let him out.  There was some hissing, and a near-to fight this morning, but all in all, he is a good boy and is ready to interact socially with the others.  He will continue to stay in the bedroom while I am at work, and I will let him out when I get home, but I must be there to keep an eye out for him, as he is outnumbered.  His 'Mom' must be there to protect him if need be.

At my first location, since my 'brawl' on Friday, its been fairly quiet.  Wally moved yesterday, with the help of my landlord Uncle's apartment availability, to a somewhat nicer street, if you can call it nicer.  I will miss his presence when I am there each morning.  I guess you would call it a false sense of security.  But the paper dishes and bowls are still on the ground, so I am thinking that I still have some hope to feed there.  I have considered meeting the person on the street behind the houses, to see if they will allow me to feed there - the cats would have to just walk to the back of the property.  It would be a dream if I could get away from that street.  It would be a dream if whoever lives behind would allow me to put up some awesome shelters that have been provided to me.  I will keep on working on that, and thankfully its summertime and not too harsh on the kitties weatherwise.

I have not seen Limpy around since he was released a while ago.  I think I saw him once, but that was it.  I have seen very injured raw wound kitty, but just a handful of times for him also.  His wound has definitely gotten better thanks to an injection of medicine with the help of Laura.  Thanks again Laura, for taking care of him.  Limpy #2 is still limping around, but is also able to jump up onto a porch to eat with Sparkles just about every morning.  I don't know what his injury is to his foot/leg, but it appears not to be healing and I am trying to figure out what I should do.  I don't have a lot of options.  It is at this spot that that man told me not to feed there anymore, that it was HIS property.  Guess what, I have not seen him since I let him have it.  I got to a point with both people last week that I had had it with their bullying, and that I was not going to allow cats to starve to death because of their hatred.  


Picture above is of my Smoke a boke...  a/k/a Smokey, a/k/a Fang.  I am a mauler my kitties with kisses, and Smokey sure got his share this weekend.  I will never forget rescuing Smokey a few years back.  He was living on Hebard Street off Central, in a garage, and was beginning to signs of stress and injury.  The owner hated me and hated cats, and it was a difficult time trying to feed and shelter cats at this spot, but I think I rescued all of them once I finally got Smokey, and I prayed to God for the ones I wasn't able to save.

I am feeding so many cats still.  There are so many .   I need donations of food, both dry and wet.  I see at the highest seven cats at three of my spots, five at three, and all the rest are three or so.  At 13 spots, added up that is a lot of cats.  My heart goes out to so many of them.  The ones that you get attached to are the ones that let you pet them, pick them up, hold them.  Its so hard to walk away from them each morning.  

1 comment: