Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tabby Cat Tuesday




I tried to get a picture of a mother cat and her two kittens that I've recently discovered on Second.  I would have to guess these kittens are maybe four to five months.  But as usual, my rotten camera didn't do the job.  So you can barely see them.  The little ones look just like their mom, a grey tabby.  Must work on this quickly.

Laura is helping me this morning by trapping two kitties and bringing them for TNR'g.  She got a dark red kitty that hangs out with Sparkles and Limpy #2 occasionally, and a young brown tabby tux from Third.  Limpy #2 is very elusive.  He just won't fall for the box trap that is being used.   I noticed recently that he walked without his limp, for about a minute, but I could then tell he was not applying pressure to his foot.  He still has something going on there.

My stuff was good at my first spot this morning.  Its darker than its been all spring/summer now at 5:15, so I am very leary, and careful, as I make my way behind this house on Parsells.  I have to use all four sets of eyes now.  One set in the back of the head, one on each side of my head, and of course my front eyes!  But its quiet at least, and the kitties hear me coming.  They now run to me.  Here is a picture of that spot, early in the morning:


I also saw two kittens at my Central spot.  They are feral, for sure.  But they now know they have food waiting when I leave.  I would have to say they are around four to five months also.  One is grey or brown tabby, the other black, with some white.  Not able to see them well as they run when I pull up.

I almost forgot to mention - I brought Larry to Wally's house on Sunday morning, along with a lended A/C unit for his window.   I was at my wits end with Larry, he was fighting with a couple of my more agressive cats, and it was causing major disruption.  I wound up having to confine him in small closed areas.  Not good.   Wally's new place, which he rents from my animal loving uncle, was missing two windown screens.  I knew Larry would get out so I thought it would be great if he had A/C.   I mentioned this to my friend Kristin, and she volunteered her in-laws unused A/C unit - we installed it and brought Larry over there.  I was hesitant, as I still am, that he would not get the same loving as I would be giving him.  But he was not happy being locked up by himself in an area too small, and I knew that Wally would be capable of giving him a small bit of love, and at least its better than being on the street.  So, thank you very much Kristin and Darrin, and Darrin's parents for providing this!  It helped me, it helped Wally, and it helped Larry!

Today, I have my fourth vet visit in two weeks for Patric, who I rescued after Larry.  His foot will be looked at again, and hopefully his bandage will be removed today.  He seems to have a little more zip in his step today, and is eating a little more.  I have high hopes for Patric, and his new mommy is anxiously awaiting him in his hopefully forever home! 

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

1 comment:

  1. Great job Janine.... you do such good things everyday!! I hope Larry & Wally are happy together. I sure do love that Larry....he deserves a good home. Thanks again Laura for helping Janine. I'm a wuss on the streets and not any help...just a good cheerleader!!

    ReplyDelete