Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Relief!

This morning, before I went out to begin my daily hourlong journey into the abyss (in ancient cosmogony - the infernal regions; hell), I caught the first few minutes of the 5 am. news.  There was another shooting in the city last night - on Chamberlain, one of the streets I feed near, and drive down.  (OK, I am now sure I've lost my mother a few posts back, if not for sure with this one!)  I am fearless normally, but this morning I was thinking about what I would encounter at my first spot where I've had all the trouble, and now looking out for a shooter that hadn't been caught yet.  But, ALL WAS WELL!  :)  Thanks to my cop friend, who did go to the woman's house yesterday and have a talk with her.  She told her, basically, that she had to stay away from me, away from the cats, and away from my food bowls, or she could be arrested for criminal mischief, animal cruelty, or endangerment.  Theft for stealing my stuff.  Yay.  She must have listened, for today.  Here is a pic of my new spot. Look closely, zoom in, you can see all sorts of eyes glowing!  Its not much of a 'spot', but I am going to try placing a few nice shelters my friend Kristin the schoolteacher has built for me this weekend.  Thank you Kristin!
 
Otherwise, it was a normal morning, and I had to chase away quite a few raccoons.  Little devils. 

Larry is in my tiny bathroom for the day.  He went after Scooter this morning, and it was a nasty fight.  I had to sit with Scooter after I was able to throw Larry in my bathroom, and calm him down.  I searched for bite wounds, but couldn't find any.  Lots of fur flying, for sure.  So upsetting.  I don't know what I will do with Larry.  He is a very good boy normally, but seems quite irritated with the others in the morning.  I must figure something out or he cannot stay.  I don't know what I will do with him.

This little guy still needs a home! 
Butterscotch
"It is only possible to live happily-ever-after on a day-to-day basis"


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you named that little mischevous cutie Butterscotch. I can't have a cat but I had a part in naming one!! :-) You are the best Janine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your morning was much less stressful, at least on the streets. Hats off to you cop friend for coming thru. I'm really sorry about Larry and very surprised. I wish we could find him a one-cat home; he'd love that. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete