Friday, February 24, 2012

TGIF... For Sure...

It was a very long week - it just dragged, didn't it?  I have the day off, thank the Lord!  I need these three day weekends to regroup.  I get all my cleaning done today, grocery shopping, and then I can really enjoy the two day weekend after that!

No sign of the very sick kitty out there, but there sure are a lot of other ones!  I can hear their labored breathing, but none as bad as the very sick one, except for one.  At one of my spots, where the crazy person goes during the day, there is a very sweet kitty with snot coming out of its nose.  Its getting very sick, and I am sick over it.  This cat would easily go into my carrier if I placed it there, but its got no where to go.  I will not go into why I can't take another cat into my home, but please know if I could, I would.  And some might say, why can't you try to pill the cat yourself?  Well, if I had the meds, and if I were able to do that the first time, the cat would be so spooked it would be frightened of me for some time.  Its happened before.  If I put the pill in the food, it might work, but I need the meds.  But remember, these cats are going downhill quickly too.  He is sicker each day. 

I wish someone could help me and take in a sweet sick kitty - and that includes Jackson, who was waiting for me again as always.  Its so hard for me to leave these guys in the morning after I feed them.  Its just so hard. 

I am going to a fundraiser on Sunday with my friend Kristin.  There should be a lot of different groups, some that do what I do but have help by others, which I don't.  I am on my own.  I hope I am able to connect with someone that can help me.

I will post if something good happens this weekend, otherwise, have yourself a good one!

PS, attached pic is one of the kitties I feed - Jimmy.  He has a collar, but a lot of these strays do.  He is definitely a stray, lives under a porch on Third.

1 comment:

  1. That would be awesome if you could get connected with a group and get some support. (Hey, have you noticed that your page views have gone up?) Don't forget to email me that new photo of Buster so I can print an updated poster. Enjoy your day off! :)

    ReplyDelete