Thursday, February 16, 2012

Grave Matters

I am beginning to feel like no one is reading my blog anymore, I never get comments ---  I hope someone is!  Although if no one is, writing each day is cathartic for me.  Plus, its a sort of journal for me to keep track of all the cats I've rescued.  I still wish I had enough money to buy a decent camera to take pictures of what I see - last time I took my camera I couldn't figure out the flash - my cheap Kodak camera by the way.  I don't have money for squat these days, nor any day.  I spend so much money feeding these cats, caring for them, washing, drying, my washer and dryer is shot.  I've got to get a break someday, soon I hope.

The grave matter I was referring to is a cat that I just discovered yesterday on my second to last stop in the morning.  From this spot I have rescued MANY cats, and have had a few neutered and returned too.  Just recently Nancy took in two kitties we trapped that had upper respiratory infections, and are doing fine now.  I am hoping she will send me some good pictures of them soon.   Anyway, there is a cat that there is very very sick.  You can hear this cat's labored breathing a mile a way, as he came close to gobble the food I placed down I noticed wetness all around its nose area.  Now I want to get this cat and relieve it from its suffering.  I would have to take it to the shelter here in Rochester, where it would surely be put down.  But I would do this in a heartbeat to relieve the suffering of an animal.  Its a frightened cat, not sure if I could call it a stray or a semi-feral.  But I would have to trap too many others before I get this one.  Or at least I think thats how it would work.  There is a very sweet stray there that got in my car the other morning begging me to take it home.  Crawled all over me while sitting there in the car.  He/she would be the first one to get in the trap.  And after seeing that cat in the trap, all the other would be frightened.  So there goes one day.  To my critics for not trying to trap more, keep in mind I have just so much time each morning before I have to get ready for work.  Work is vital.  I have to have a paycheck to feed these cats.  I am just sick over this situation.  I wish I had help.  This cat is also infecting the others, I know.  Please pray for this cat.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Janine! Mom and I read your blog everyday! I will be praying for the sick cat and for you, too. And anyone who criticizes you ought to be ashamed of themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog! Let's talk soon and brainstorm ideas. The wood is all cut for the new shelters. Now we need to assemble them. -Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks,thats all I needed girls! i feel all better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine,

    I also read your blog everyday and pray that I will win the lottery to help you set up a shelter. The cats are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete