Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Get So Emotional Baby....

I was never a big Whitney fan, but thats my favorite, and it does get me emotional when I hear it, and I felt this way this morning.  I went through a range of emotions, anyone would with what I see.  Not only did I see a new VERY pregnant cat, that let me feel her belly, but I had nothing to transport her in, nor no where to take her except where I am going to have to bring her tomorrow if I have no other choice, the shelter.  I will NOT let her have her babies on the street.  And I cannot think of anyone else who will take her.  Not even the rescue groups will help me.  They tell me they are inundated.  So, I go from that, to the next street where little girl Muffin, who has something baking in her oven, is, and by the way, the clinic cannot see her for a month, and that will be too late, and then I am off to the house where the cat is trapped.  I got a call from Ron around 11:00 am. yesterday, an officer with the Animal Control Services, who said he would go there, and all he could do is leave a note for the tenant - who doesn't even live there anymore - and after 24 hours, he would call the Humane Society, who tells you that it could be between 48-72 hours before they get a chance to respond.  Of course, the cat will be dead of starvation by then.  Anyway, the cat was crying faintly this morning, again, and I walked around the house, shined my flashlight in the windows, and called 911.  I will continue to do what I have to do to help this poor animal. 

If anyone knows of anyone who can help out with any of these situations, these suffering animals would be most appreciative!

A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn.

2 comments:

  1. Janine,

    I really don't know how you carry on. The heartbreak that you see on a daily basis is enough to make anyone give up. I'm so glad you don't. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, you are wonderful to say that, it renews me, and so did your donation. I hope you got the thank you note!

    ReplyDelete