Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Six O'Clock News

How did the word "O'Clock" ever get its name?  Whats the origin?  Is it because clocks are round - so there is your "O", and clock, is something that tells time?  Not sure, but its a curiosity to me...

I was thinking this morning, when people ask me how many cats I have, and I say more than enough, and actually, its not too bad of a number, but I have four more than I should have right now - Rufus, Buddy, Midnight and Buster - and they need adoption in a bad way, and until that happens, I cannot rescue any more from the mean streets of Rochester - but in reality, how many cats do I have?  I would have to say over 50!  Thats because of the amount of cats I am feeding out in the streets!  I have a friend who actually does have over 50 cats at her house.  She manages fairly well, to take care of these animals, and maintain her professional life, and her personal life.  Its not something I could ever do at my personal space namely my home, but she manages.  I applaud someone like this but I realize I am sort of in the same situation by caring for this many cats.

Some other news, the cat that showed up outside my house on Sunday, that clearly is lost, is still holed up in my neighbor's bathroom, waiting for a new mommy.  She is a sweet little petite thing, picture posted yesterday, and also posted on Craigslist and the newspaper.  I had two calls, one from each, but no such luck.  One woman lost her cat a month ago when it jumped on a furniture delivery truck!  When she called the furniture place to see where their next delivery was, they wouldn't tell her.  Would love to know the name of that company and never use them.  This woman is looking for her poor kitty named Baby for a month now, and she and her boyfriend are sick over it, as I would be.  Another had e-mailed me the night before, and the next day her kitty showed up.  Thank God. 

My own babies are hanging in there.  They all have issues, some are just bratty, but some are really sick, and I don't have the money to properly get them diagnosed, so I love them dearly each and every day and pray they stay happy as they are now.  Life is tough, but when you have an animal to hold and kiss and snuggle your nose in their fur, its a little bit easier!  I love my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment